Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log

Go down 
+5
Keosawa
Logan Joseph
Chris Anderson
Nathan Poage
KevinAlvy
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Logan Joseph
Ghost Dawg
Ghost Dawg
Logan Joseph

Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 9:00 am

ok so 4/2:

Squats: 315x3x8

4/3

Paused Benched: 235x2x5, 225x3x3 (touch and go)
OHP: 145x3x5
Iso Lat Row: 2pps 10x5
Dips: x15, x10x4

I'm supposed to deadlift today, but I'm kind of scared because my lower back hurts. Fuuuuuuuuuuuu
Back to top Go down
Logan Joseph
Ghost Dawg
Ghost Dawg
Logan Joseph

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 11:00 am

4/5

Decided to make today a sorta deadlift max test. I tore open a callous a couple days ago so my hand was fucking killing me and I could only find one of my straps, so I did it raw dawg.

Deadlift: 405x1, 425x1, 445x1, 465x1, 405x2x2

I worked up to 465, which was a pretty hard pull and I almost abandoned it. Probably RPE 10. Decided that was my last attempt. With rest, round plates, and a deadlift bar, I think that I should have 475 in the bag, which is great considering how shitty my deadlift has felt since coming back to lifting. After the max I tried to get in some extra work at 405 but my hand just wouldn't stand it past a couple reps. After that I tried some rack pulls but once I got up to 375 my grip wasn't having it. Needed dem straps.

Also did Lat Pulldowns: 70x10, 100x10x5

I'm squatting today, might do some near max testing or just do some more triples and save the max test for tuesday to give me more time to recover from yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 3:19 pm

Nice man--your deadlift's looking really strong. From how you were talking, I didn't think you'd be at 465 at this point.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 3:34 pm

Protip: I am much better at cutting weight than the Keough is.
Back to top Go down
Logan Joseph
Ghost Dawg
Ghost Dawg
Logan Joseph

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 8:52 pm

Ok, so I had some flu-like bug over the weekend and missed my Saturday session. Started to feel better on monday but I had most of my day taken up by a wake and missed that too. Went in today and tested a squat max.

4/9

Squat

275x1
315x1
335x1
350x1
365x1
375x1

The last two were pretty ugly reps and 375 was about my limit. Although I would've liked the reps to be better, this is only 5 pounds shy of my best ever squat, so I'm happy with the result. Hopefully I can replicate this at the meet. If so I will be pretty well poised to hit my target of 1100.
Back to top Go down
babyeater
Class II
Class II
babyeater

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 9:37 pm

alright, I'd say you're solid as shit coming into this. That's amazing. I remain pretty damned impressed at where you are in relation to the time since your surgery. Many kudos to you.

Also, many people I know have had sickness interfere with training in the last week. I had a minor thing. What gives, some virus is looking to take the species down, obviously. Starting with the strong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.babyeaterlifts.wordpress.com
Logan Joseph
Ghost Dawg
Ghost Dawg
Logan Joseph

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 7:38 pm

Thanks Janis! Smile

Today I tested a bench max.

1/10

Paused Bench: 225x1, 240x1, 250x1, 260x1

260 is around a 10lb PR, I think. My ass may have come off the bench a little during the rep, but with a better setup and a decent handoff I don't think that will be a problem. If I can do 260 at the meet I would be elated, as it would allow me to be more conservative with my squat/deadlift attempts by a few pounds. The combined total of the lifts I hit in the gym this week was 1100. It would be great if I went in to that 3rd deadlift attempt only needing 465, or less even, if I squat above expectations. I don't care about leaving a little on the platform as long as I get my total. I just don't want to have to hit a painful or heroic deadlift to get it... I'm sort of over that whole thing.

Afterwards I did:

OHP 135x5, 135x3x4
Seated Cable Row (wide grip, palms in) 100x8x3
Dips 10x3
Face Pulls 90x15x3

Felt some twinging in my left bicep during my bench warmups and beyond, so I kept the accessory work to a minimum today. I'm going to go in on friday and do some lighter deadlifting, and that'll probably be my last deadlifting before the meet. I will do some squatting on saturday probably. I've found that I don't benefit from a lot of time off on my squat and bench, especially my bench, so I'll probably keep benching fairly heavy until the middle of the week.

Back to top Go down
Seth
Class I
Class I

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:55 pm

Awesome man, it seems like everything is coming together for you.
Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:54 pm

Bench prs are the best prs

nice work
Back to top Go down
Logan Joseph
Ghost Dawg
Ghost Dawg
Logan Joseph

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:48 am

Thanks guys

weighed in at 183.4 this morning, which was a pleasant surprise.
Back to top Go down
Logan Joseph
Ghost Dawg
Ghost Dawg
Logan Joseph

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 9:12 am

Uh.. HEY Y'ALL. I've just been running another round of Juggernaut, nothing worth logging yet. I'll start once I get to the 8 or maybe 5 rep wave. Also, pulled my hamstring a couple weeks ago playing softball so had to take a little time off squatting/deadlifting. Yesterday I squatted 255 for 13, who cares.

-The Dawg (Big)
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 11:50 am

This is what happens when you try to be a two-sport athlete, BD. Don't go chasing waterfalls.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.com
babyeater
Class II
Class II
babyeater

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 1:55 pm

what nate sez. I don't even go bowling when people offer to take me.

And I'm not even kidding about that. God, I am a freaking NERD.
Back to top Go down
babyeater
Class II
Class II
babyeater

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 1:56 pm

also, damnit, I've been posting my crappy meet-comeback workouts. What is this. Don't make me do it alone.
Back to top Go down
Quadfather
Class I
Class I
Quadfather

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 6:45 pm

it's okay big dawg. i play softball too..
Back to top Go down
Logan Joseph
Ghost Dawg
Ghost Dawg
Logan Joseph

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 6:50 pm

It's funny, I actually joined a team with a friend of mine who's a recovering addict, so the entire league is from AA, and it's all sober. I'm the only one on the team who hasn't been smoking cigs and doing hard drugs for the past 15 years, so I'm the best player by default. All glory to the dawg.
Back to top Go down
babyeater
Class II
Class II
babyeater

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 9:50 pm

I've basically been snorting creatine. I think I would fit on this team quite well.
Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 9:06 pm

Pls respawn
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:35 am

Bump
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:37 am

babyeater wrote:

Double post because i can

Why the hell have we not had a team bowling night!? As soon as I turn 21, all of us ( read: me and Poage) are getting belligerently drunk and going bowling.
Back to top Go down
Quadfather
Class I
Class I
Quadfather

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 2:00 pm

Chris Anderson wrote:
babyeater wrote:

Why the hell have we not had a team bowling night!? As soon as I turn 21, all of us ( read: me and Poage) are getting belligerently drunk and going bowling.
Is there even a bowling alley in the iowa city area?
Back to top Go down
babyeater
Class II
Class II
babyeater

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 2:13 pm

Broceidon wrote:
Chris Anderson wrote:
babyeater wrote:

Is there even a bowling alley in the iowa city area?
It's....yeah. Yeah, there is. It's down one of the highways a ways, like 1 southbound or something. But there is, I swear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9