Share | 

Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Logan Joseph
Ghost Dawg
Ghost Dawg

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:13 am

Man this took me for fucking ever to figure out. Pardon the watermark. It took a particularly big effort to add a comedy banger soundtrack. I feel like I could've gotten more than 12 for my "AMAP" set, but you're meant to stop with a couple reps in the tank, and I don't want to wreck my back doing garbage reps again.

Yeah, the glute bridges are brutal, but I'm working my back up. It's really horrible to do them with non-circular plates as you can imagine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babyeater
Class II
Class II

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:22 pm

What, uh, software did you find that's free? I can find nothing that is compatible with my mac. It is sucky. I would really like some editing software and it can totally suck. Nothing is not preferable to that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.babyeaterlifts.wordpress.com
Logan Joseph
Ghost Dawg
Ghost Dawg

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:45 pm

babyeater wrote:
What, uh, software did you find that's free? I can find nothing that is compatible with my mac. It is sucky. I would really like some editing software and it can totally suck. Nothing is not preferable to that.

Janis, I actually just stumbled upon a copy of Final Cut Pro X without realizing it is of course mac only software. You'd have to do a little work to figure out how to crack it, but I think all of the necessary files are in the download. I can either give you a link to the tracker or if you know if a good way to send big files directly (a shared dropbox account?) I can do that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Logan Joseph
Ghost Dawg
Ghost Dawg

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:49 pm

Here's what I did today.

Friday 12/28
OHP 120x5x4, 120x12
Bent over row 135x15, 135x12x4
Floor Press 135x5x4, 135x12
Dips 8x2, 6x3
Face Pulls 100x20, 90x20x4

Decided to add some extra pressing, was going to do competition bench, but I'm going to go deadlift on short rest with the heavyweights tomorrow so I decided to spare my back the arching and just do some floor pressing. Did some light sets and then tested a rep max for that. Happy with how the OHP went. We'll see how many reps I can beat the minimum numbers by next week once the weight actually gets difficult. Here's a video of the OHP. Sorry, no comedy soundtrack, saving that for a more epic triumph.

Edit: Also, Janis, Youtube itself also has a couple video editing features like trimming, adding text, rotating. Pretty useful stuff and it saves you having to download/upload to multiple things. So that's what I used for this video. For my last one I used a trial version of a program called AVS Video Editor, which isn't great, and I'm not sure if it works for Mac. If I were you I'd get my hands on Final Cut.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babyeater
Class II
Class II

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Logan Joseph wrote:
Here's what I did today.

Edit: Also, Janis, Youtube itself also has a couple video editing features like trimming, adding text, rotating. Pretty useful stuff and it saves you having to download/upload to multiple things. So that's what I used for this video. For my last one I used a trial version of a program called AVS Video Editor, which isn't great, and I'm not sure if it works for Mac. If I were you I'd get my hands on Final Cut.

A/ awesome work, yep yep

and

B/ Hmm, I actually think I may have a friend (sounds....sketchy....) who might be able to help me get my hands on FC. I'd REALLY like to be able to edit multiple files together so I can have multiple sets in one video. I didn't think youtube offered that feature. I'd also love to be able to do voice-over...sigh. So I'll look for FC, and if I don't scare it up via my friend maybe I'll try to load something up from your direction if we can figure something out.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:26 am

Seriously, look into video editing apps for your phone. I found two free ones (granted, I do have an Android phone, but there are more apps on the App Store than the Google Play Store) that have done more than a good enough job for me.

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:01 am

Chris Anderson wrote:
Seriously, look into video editing apps for your phone. I found two free ones (granted, I do have an Android phone, but there are more apps on the App Store than the Google Play Store) that have done more than a good enough job for me.

I just bought her a camera for Christmas. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://iowapowerlifting.com
Logan Joseph
Ghost Dawg
Ghost Dawg

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:19 am

Janis, I just shared a Dropbox folder with you that has FC in it. I shared it with your UI email address, but let me know if you don't get the invite and I can send it elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babyeater
Class II
Class II

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:15 pm

KKeough wrote:
Chris Anderson wrote:

I just bought her a camera for Christmas. Embarassed

and it is awesome, loved using it yesterday. SO great not to have to use my phone! I'll use it today too.
Back to top Go down
babyeater
Class II
Class II

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:17 pm

Logan Joseph wrote:
Janis, I just shared a Dropbox folder with you that has FC in it. I shared it with your UI email address, but let me know if you don't get the invite and I can send it elsewhere.

Logan, this is awesome, I've got the dropbox account set up and I think I'm about 2 minutes into getting this file from you. I will let you know how it goes! I'm sort of not great with uploading and downloading things, but this looks like it's working out well so far. I can't wait to get it figured out!
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:44 pm

phone > camera

erry day

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babyeater
Class II
Class II

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:38 pm

Holy frick, Logan, I got FCP loaded and have passably learned how to use it--enough to get some video out of it. Yes!!!! Awesome! This is so cool! Thank you so much. I'm going to have a lot of fun making my videos dorky now.
Back to top Go down
Logan Joseph
Ghost Dawg
Ghost Dawg

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:54 pm

You're Welcome Janis! Now it's going to be on you to make all of our diesel meet vids. BTW GET ON KYLE ABOUT THOSE HOODIES PLZ

Went to B&W today with the crew. It was a lot of fun. I think I'll make the trip out there on Saturdays to deadlift as a regular thing. George is making a tribute video to the bromantic time we had.

Deadlift
295x5x4, 295x15
Seated GMs 95x20x5
Neutral Grip Pulldowns 100x15, x12, 90x15x3
messed around with some reverse hypers for 3 sets.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:58 pm

Check your rank.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://iowapowerlifting.com
Nathan Poage
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:13 pm

KKeough wrote:
Check your rank.
What sorcery... Is this some secret Admin panel I don't have access to?

babyeater
Class II
Class II

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:38 pm

That pull set puts my 240 x 9 or whatever it was AMRAP to shame. To shame. Bravo.
Back to top Go down
Logan Joseph
Ghost Dawg
Ghost Dawg

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:54 pm

babyeater wrote:
That pull set puts my 240 x 9 or whatever it was AMRAP to shame. To shame. Bravo.

Well, my training max on juggernaut is set pretty low, so this is 70 percent of that for 15. I haven't done the math but I imagine your 9 reps of 240 is much, much more impressive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babyeater
Class II
Class II

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:58 pm

Logan Joseph wrote:
babyeater wrote:

Well, my training max on juggernaut is set pretty low, so this is 70 percent of that for 15. I haven't done the math but I imagine your 9 reps of 240 is much, much more impressive.

Yeah, it was 82% of my then-max (292) and now it's about 80%. Meh. I hate volume anything, so anytime anyone does something above 12 reps I'm all "you are the marathon champion!", particularly in regards to deadlift. Also, I'm sort of in love with FCP, so thank you again.
Back to top Go down
Logan Joseph
Ghost Dawg
Ghost Dawg

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:03 pm

You're very welcome. Hoodies. I'm going to try to do 15 again with 330 next Saturday, or vomit and die trying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:00 pm

How much do you hate yourself that you do 15 rep sets of deadlifts?

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Logan Joseph
Ghost Dawg
Ghost Dawg

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:01 pm

Chris Anderson wrote:
How much do you hate yourself that you do 15 rep sets of deadlifts?

I definitely hate myself, but I did 15 reps here just because the point I'm at in Juggernaut has the weights I'm working with artificially low so I've gotta overdo it somehow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Logan Joseph
Ghost Dawg
Ghost Dawg

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:46 pm

12/31

Bench 165x5x4, 165x15
Close grip 145x5x4, 145x15
Wide grip Seated cable row 60x20, 70x20x2, 60x20x2
Dips x10, x12, x8, x8
Face pulls 90x20x5
Pec fly 90x10x3

Apparently I just have a thing for doing 15 rep sets. Decided to get in some extra pressing after my regular bench so I just copied the format with 20 less pounds. Really liked the cable rows I did today with a wide bar with a couple of handles on it. I kept the weight low and really focused on engaging my lats. I think this will be a go-to for vertical rowing that will spare my back when needed. Also got in a little direct pec work at the end because I feel like I need it. Came in feeling really horrible and flat today, but the workout wound up going well. BTW I weighed in at 186.5 at B&W on Saturday so it looks like CBL is working and I'll hopefully be able to go 181 in April.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Logan Joseph
Ghost Dawg
Ghost Dawg

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:24 pm

Bad news, boys and girls. Had some unexpected and excruciatingly painful surgery yesterday and was back in the ER early this morning because the pain meds I had been given were totally inadequate. Got some better meds now to manage pain, but we'll see how long that lasts. Recovery will be 4-6 weeks and I doubt I will be lifting any sooner than a month from now. Diet will also be compromised for a while, so goodbye gains. Sorry to miss out on B&W tomorrow guys, I was really looking forward to it. Dark days ahead for the dawg. A comeback in April is possible but would have to be Christlike.

Yours,

The dawg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nathan Poage
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:26 pm

15 rep deadlifts, not even once.

KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:30 pm

Sorry to hear to that Logan. I hope you feel better as soon as possible
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log   

Back to top Go down

Curlin' in the squat rack: Logan's log
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next