Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Student Org Fair Prospective Members

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

Student Org Fair Prospective Members Empty
PostSubject: Student Org Fair Prospective Members   Student Org Fair Prospective Members Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 9:17 pm

...received this e-mail from me today:

"Hello, prospective members!

Let me be the first to thank you for expressing interest in U. Iowa Powerlifting at last week's student organization fair. It was exciting to get to meet all of you, and we really hope to see you at our first official meeting, which will be held on Sunday, September 9th at 7pm in room 341 of the IMU.

My name is Kyle Keough, and I'm the President of University of Iowa Powerlifting. I helped start our club with a friend one year ago, and I've seen our roster grow to nearly twenty members over our first year. Now, we enter the new year with eleven active members, nine of whom competed in a powerlifting meet last year. We're hoping to increase membership for this upcoming year, and so we're really excited that you're interested in joining us.

First, in case you don't know, let me explain what powerlifting is: powerlifting is a strength sport involving three lifts--the squat, bench press, and deadlift. Our primary focus is strength training, which is why we have some of the strongest athletes at the university. Our club appeals both to competitive lifters and those lifters who just want to have a good time and get stronger in the process.

There is no membership fee! Members put what they want to into our club. If you want to do a meet, there are costs involved, but that's every individual's choice. All that we ask is that you regularly attend our bi-weekly meetings and try to be as active as you can.

We have exciting plans for our second year, and so I hope I get to meet all of you and talk to you about our club's future at our first meeting. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to contact me via e-mail. If you're interested in seeing us in action or finding out more about how we train, I suggest finding us on facebook (University of Iowa Powerlifting) or looking up our website at http://uipowerlifting.blogspot.com .

Until then, I wish you all the best of luck in training.

Thanks,
Kyle Keough
President
UI Powerlifting"

Here's hoping a few decide to take the plunge and come to our meeting.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: Student Org Fair Prospective Members   Student Org Fair Prospective Members Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 9:26 pm

I just forwarded you the e-mail I got late last night to add to the mailing list.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.com
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: Student Org Fair Prospective Members   Student Org Fair Prospective Members Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 9:31 pm

Ah, great. I got another facebook message tonight, and I just sent in a response. There's no reason why we can't have at least ten new faces at our September 9th meeting.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Student Org Fair Prospective Members   Student Org Fair Prospective Members Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Student Org Fair Prospective Members
Page 1 of 1