Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wrapped/Unwrapped soon to be separate on PLWatch

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

Wrapped/Unwrapped soon to be separate on PLWatch Empty
PostSubject: Wrapped/Unwrapped soon to be separate on PLWatch   Wrapped/Unwrapped soon to be separate on PLWatch Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 3:32 pm

Sources tell me this is going into effect for July.

Personally, I wish they would do it like the rankings, with wrapped or unwrapped and unwrapped only being the two categories, but it's a good decision. The rankings will be watered down more, but it will at least be fair now.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: Wrapped/Unwrapped soon to be separate on PLWatch   Wrapped/Unwrapped soon to be separate on PLWatch Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 4:45 pm

maybe drop them both down to top 25 then

edit: that'd be pointless lol
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: Wrapped/Unwrapped soon to be separate on PLWatch   Wrapped/Unwrapped soon to be separate on PLWatch Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 4:49 pm

It's also going to be a real clusterfuck determining who wore what at what competition. I guess everyone from NASA would get lumped into "wrapped" unless you were able to send them video showing otherwise.
Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: Wrapped/Unwrapped soon to be separate on PLWatch   Wrapped/Unwrapped soon to be separate on PLWatch Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 4:53 pm

KKeough wrote:
It's also going to be a real clusterfuck determining who wore what at what competition. I guess everyone from NASA would get lumped into "wrapped" unless you were able to send them video showing otherwise.

Wrapped feds will probably put you into the wrapped category no matter what. Isn't that how it works now? If I compete raw in a geared fed it counts as geared right?

Hopefully this brings people back from the dark side
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: Wrapped/Unwrapped soon to be separate on PLWatch   Wrapped/Unwrapped soon to be separate on PLWatch Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 7:01 pm

KevinAlvy wrote:
KKeough wrote:

Wrapped feds will probably put you into the wrapped category no matter what. Isn't that how it works now? If I compete raw in a geared fed it counts as geared right?

Hopefully this brings people back from the dark side

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. My hope is that more feds do "raw" and "classic raw" divisions, because it would suck to compete unwrapped and have your ranking classified as "wrapped."

Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: Wrapped/Unwrapped soon to be separate on PLWatch   Wrapped/Unwrapped soon to be separate on PLWatch Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Wrapped/Unwrapped soon to be separate on PLWatch H7E9EA19D

MY TIME HAS COME!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.com
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: Wrapped/Unwrapped soon to be separate on PLWatch   Wrapped/Unwrapped soon to be separate on PLWatch Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 9:54 pm

My hope is that federations eventually split up into the following: wrapped feds, which use 24-hour weigh-ins, monolifts, and deadlift bars, and unwrapped feds, with two-hour weigh-ins, walk-outs, and standard squat bars. Widen the gap so that you've got all the advantages on one side and disadvantages on the other side; that way, they're two distinct styles of competition.

This won't ever happen, but it would be nice if it did.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Wrapped/Unwrapped soon to be separate on PLWatch   Wrapped/Unwrapped soon to be separate on PLWatch Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 1:18 am

intradesting.

When is the next USAPL meet?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrapped/Unwrapped soon to be separate on PLWatch   Wrapped/Unwrapped soon to be separate on PLWatch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wrapped/Unwrapped soon to be separate on PLWatch
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: