HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Upcoming Iowa Powerlifting Meet Schedule

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder

PostSubject: Upcoming Iowa Powerlifting Meet Schedule   Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:13 pm

***UPDATED on 7/23/13***

Notes: If you are committing to an upcoming meet, please let us know here and we'll put your name down on this first post.

29th Annual Iowa State Fair Bench Press and Deadlift Contest (August 17):
Seth Thompson: 08/17/13

UPA Power Weekend (November 16-17):
Janis Finkelman: 11/17/13
Kyle Keough: 11/16/13
Seth Thompson: 11/17/13
Chris Anderson
David "Daniel" Peterson: 11/17/13
Grant Voshell

Last edited by KKeough on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://iowapowerlifting.com
Seth
Class I
Class I

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Iowa Powerlifting Meet Schedule   Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:32 pm

UPA meet is the 16-17. After considering my options I am going to plan on competing at the UPA meet, whatever day it is that the junior division competes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David Petersen
Class II
Class II

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Iowa Powerlifting Meet Schedule   Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:59 pm

UPA Power Weekend. Also Jr.

I'm going to set the over/under at 3.5 for how many times I forget to put my singlet up.

Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Iowa Powerlifting Meet Schedule   Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:17 am

I am most likely going to do that UPA meet in November. That will give me more time to train after not really doing shit this entire month.

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David Petersen
Class II
Class II

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Iowa Powerlifting Meet Schedule   Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:47 pm

Didn't know where to put this, and I just found out today when reading the entry form..It's like 130$..30$ to register with the UPA and 100$ entry fee...If we can get 10 people to compete as a "team" it drops to 50$ per lifter. Just thought I'd mention. It won't change my status as planning to attend, but I'll probably have to start saving a little in advance.

Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Iowa Powerlifting Meet Schedule   Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:49 pm

Allprocro wrote:
Didn't know where to put this, and I just found out today when reading the entry form..It's like 130$..30$ to register with the UPA and 100$ entry fee...If we can get 10 people to compete as a "team" it drops to 50$ per lifter. Just thought I'd mention. It won't change my status as planning to attend, but I'll probably have to start saving a little in advance.

I did not know about the "team" rate--thanks for that info.
Back to top Go down
Quadfather
Class I
Class I

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Iowa Powerlifting Meet Schedule   Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:40 pm

I also will probably do the UPA November meet but I really am pushing for a team meet. If we somehow get like 8 or 9 lifters, maybe we can get in touch with UPA and work out some kind of deal

Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Iowa Powerlifting Meet Schedule   Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:35 pm

Broceidon wrote:
I also will probably do the UPA November meet but I really am pushing for a team meet. If we somehow get like 8 or 9 lifters, maybe we can get in touch with UPA and work out some kind of deal

It sounds like there is a team discount if we have enough interest (ten or more).

...However, this meet will fill fast, and I don't know if we can find that many commitments that far out. Let's *try* to get a group going, but if it starts to fill, I'm going to suggest everyone just sign up. But I guess the new Prez is going to inherit this problem soon anyway!
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Iowa Powerlifting Meet Schedule   Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:42 pm

And just so everyone knows, "Open" men go on Saturday, and Juniors/Women go on Sunday. I obviously have to compete on Saturday, but if you're a junior male, you can choose your day based on what class you register for. Babyeater, you're stuck with Sunday.

Dubuque was about a 90-minute drive for us, and the morning weigh-ins are pretty reasonably timed (9-noon both days, I think). I would recommend staying over the night before at the Grand Harbor Hotel the night before, as the UPA room rates are usually $99 a night and the hotel is connected directly to the Grand River Center.

That said, you could probably travel to weigh-ins, go home, and come back the following morning for the meet without too much difficulty.
Back to top Go down
David Petersen
Class II
Class II

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Iowa Powerlifting Meet Schedule   Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:03 am

KKeough wrote:
Broceidon wrote:

It sounds like there is a team discount if we have enough interest (ten or more).

...However, this meet will fill fast, and I don't know if we can find that many commitments that far out. Let's *try* to get a group going, but if it starts to fill, I'm going to suggest everyone just sign up. But I guess the new Prez is going to inherit this problem soon anyway!

Petersen* Wink

I'm just throwing this out there for you to chew on, and if you decide not to go this route that is obviously okay and I won't be butt hurt. I completely understand if you want to keep the team exclusive to U of I power lifting club members/students.

But, if you found you needed a few more guys to make a "team" there are two for sure from my training group that are going to compete. A third that has to check with his chain of command, and a fourth who I haven't seen recently but he does compete and I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted in.

Also question on registering open if you are a Jr. Will it be frowned upon? My chance of winning some of award even at the Jr. level is pretty not existent. I think everyone I train with will compete in the open (one guy could go Masters but I doubt he will). That is my main motivation for wanting to compete in the open.

David Petersen
Class II
Class II

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Iowa Powerlifting Meet Schedule   Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:18 pm

I'm rereading the entry form for the UPA meet and pretty sure I fucked up, and need to go back to 4th grade. It could easily be read as the 50$ is a team fee and not a discounted price...My bad...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Iowa Powerlifting Meet Schedule   

Back to top Go down

Upcoming Iowa Powerlifting Meet Schedule
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1