Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

We need to recruit this girl

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

We need to recruit this girl Empty
PostSubject: We need to recruit this girl   We need to recruit this girl Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 1:42 am

Because she is 13 and already outbenches George.
Back to top Go down
Quadfather
Class I
Class I
Quadfather

PostSubject: Re: We need to recruit this girl   We need to recruit this girl Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 6:59 am

Flexibles... Hands off anderson. 13 is still illegal in russia.

Srs though, she has been training for a couple of years now with her dad who isnt a great powerlifter but is still a lifter. Starting young like her or like Lilliebridge definitely pays off and their numbers prove it. It makes me wonder if lifting weights actually does stunt growth
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: We need to recruit this girl   We need to recruit this girl Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 12:28 pm

Broceidon wrote:
Flexibles... Hands off anderson. 13 is still illegal in russia.

Srs though, she has been training for a couple of years now with her dad who isnt a great powerlifter but is still a lifter. Starting young like her or like Lilliebridge definitely pays off and their numbers prove it. It makes me wonder if lifting weights actually does stunt growth
It doesn't stunt your growth.

And I don't care how early you start--very few women at any age are benching comparable numbers at that bodyweight. She is a super-talent.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: We need to recruit this girl   We need to recruit this girl Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 2:11 pm

I don't think the girlfriend would appreciate me going after a 13 year old. u pedo bro?

But srs, I was a junior in high school before I benched over 230.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: We need to recruit this girl   We need to recruit this girl Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 2:57 pm

Chris Anderson wrote:
I don't think the girlfriend would appreciate me going after a 13 year old. u pedo bro?

But srs, I was a junior in high school before I benched over 230.
I didn't bench 230 until I was your age.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: We need to recruit this girl   We need to recruit this girl Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 3:04 pm

Yes, but even at your heaviest, you were a good bit lighter than me.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: We need to recruit this girl   We need to recruit this girl Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 3:12 pm

Chris Anderson wrote:
Yes, but even at your heaviest, you were a good bit lighter than me.
True. All I meant was that compared to some of you guys, I got started pretty late (first meet when I was 22). Starting at 13 is great, but not at all necessary.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: We need to recruit this girl   We need to recruit this girl Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 3:41 pm

I started lifting in 7th grade. Got up to a 170 bench.

Didn't lift 8th grade.

9th grade I started half squatting.

10th grade I squatted a bit deeper and started deadlifting.

In between 10th and 11th grade, I did 5/3/1, drank a gallon of whole milk a day, gained 15 pounds, got my squat to the mid 300's. I remember deadlifting 350.

Junior year I trained much more intelligently and got my bench up around 230-240. Deadlift was probably around 405.

Senior year I competed in my first powerlifting meets in October and April. I pulled 440 in April and squatted something just below 400. I did power sports in October and did all four lifts in April.

The summer before college I did a full powerlifting meet on my own, met Kyle and Logan. Totaled over 1200 for the first time.

High school was marked with overall inconsistent lifting because I almost never trained during sports seasons. Trimming down to just football and wrestling was the best thing I ever did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We need to recruit this girl   We need to recruit this girl Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We need to recruit this girl
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting :: General :: General Discussion :: Powerlifting Discussion-
Jump to: