Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New-Need a lifting program

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AngieD

New-Need a lifting program Empty
PostSubject: New-Need a lifting program   New-Need a lifting program Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 11:16 am

I'm new at this, but really serious in seeing seeing results in myself and improving with time.
I was hoping someone would help me find a good program I can start for 3 days a week that works all upper,lower body techniques. How do I go about that, I know someone mentioned there's a calculator out there or something that can do this.
I'm 5'10, 155 lb. Not sure what other information you need to help...
Back to top Go down
Quadfather
Class I
Class I
Quadfather

PostSubject: Re: New-Need a lifting program   New-Need a lifting program Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 11:37 am

Hey Angie, welcome to the forum. I would say if you are new to lifting then check out Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe or Stronglifts 5x5. I am fairly certain you can find both of these online simply by doing a google search. There might be a copy of Starting Strength at the UI Main Library if you would like to do some reading about the lifts.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: New-Need a lifting program   New-Need a lifting program Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 11:46 am

Angie, do you mean you are looking for something that involves doing both upper and lower body work in the same day?
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: New-Need a lifting program   New-Need a lifting program Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 2:49 pm

Chris Anderson wrote:
Angie, do you mean you are looking for something that involves doing both upper and lower body work in the same day?
I think she probably just means she's looking for an all-inclusive program.

I know you sent me an email, Angie, and I'll send you some beginner's info soon. I'll have more info on SS and StrongLifts there, but let me just say now, while I have a second, that I second Grant's suggestion of these two programs.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
AngieD

PostSubject: Re: New-Need a lifting program   New-Need a lifting program Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 3:39 pm

Ok thanks guys, I'll look into those!
Back to top Go down
Seth
Class I
Class I

PostSubject: Re: New-Need a lifting program   New-Need a lifting program Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 9:10 pm

This is from the site that I use to get my 5/3/1 programming, but it had a little info on starting strength if you feel like checking it out.  Obviously numbers would have to be put in to figure out you're training and it would be tailored to your needs, but it seems like a decent outline of the program.

http://blackironbeast.com/starting-strength
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New-Need a lifting program   New-Need a lifting program Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New-Need a lifting program
Page 1 of 1