View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: The Come Up   Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:46 am

Nathan Poage wrote:
Well my CMJ is bigger than my three-step approach because I'm uncoordinated as fuck, so take everything I say with a grain of salt  bounce   

Going from cross country to powerlifting might have that effect.

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nathan Poage
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: The Come Up   Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:44 pm

Quadfather
Class I
Class I

PostSubject: Re: The Come Up   Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:57 pm

Nathan Poage wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oe021lunzf9ctpr/Shock%20Method%20Plyometrics.pdf

Let me know if you can view that.

on my PC and i can reads it

PostSubject: Re: The Come Up   Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:12 pm

Chris Anderson wrote:
Nathan Poage wrote:
Well my CMJ is bigger than my three-step approach because I'm uncoordinated as fuck, so take everything I say with a grain of salt  bounce   

Going from cross country to powerlifting might have that effect.

I think distance runners are pretty elastic because running like that relies on very little energy from the working muscles so they just bounce around off their tendons all day long. But yeah powerlifters are pretty much the epitome of inelastic athletes and probably even more so geared vs raw.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Come Up   Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:15 pm

That's awesome thanks for the pdf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Come Up   Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:30 pm

Hit 455 for a 10lbs PR and tried 475 twice. Both times I missed the rep several inches above the knee at which point there was no budging it at all:

I'm really happy with my DL progress but I really wish I would have hit that 475. Of course the good news is that I've never been strong enough for my lockout to be a problem.

So now it's time to start the training cycle over again. I want to up my back strength-endurance and really figure out the best way to start my pull. I expect to hit 5 plates next time I go for a PR attempt in 15-18 weeks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Come Up   Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:37 pm

I have decided to do the UPA meet in July and do the deadlift only. Now will I be 181 or 165? I've been hovering at 180 for a couple of months.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Come Up   Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:56 am

Just messing around today. I tried DLs with a pause at the knee and I don't like them very much. Felt like dogshit off the floor (tried to pull the slack out first which didn't work too well). I just want to take a break from the competitive movement all together and figure out how to start it in the next phase. I really like the Sn DL with a pause at the knee on the way up and down (think it's a good idea to train some eccentric lowering). I also think the competitive DL is tearing my back up too much. Didn't get a chance to try the Rubish 45 degree extensions. Did PC to 195 for a few singles. I think I'll work on the Sn DL and PC. I think my power clean 1RM was 245 and that was just messing around and realizing some increased strength from DLs (particularly off the floor) I really like PCs they're just flat out fun. I'm eyeing 315 as a solid benchmark and I think that I can do it this year with a plan and a healthy wrist
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Come Up   Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:43 pm

I'm still not feeling that close to 100% that food poisoning really took a lot out of me (got so dehydrated I was thinking I'd need to get IV fluids) Usually I bounce back off sickness pretty fast. I really wanted to come to the intramural meet today. One thing stood out to me after I looked at the results. Someone went 405 on DL and for their second attempt they tried 500 and missed. Questionable choice there. Then again some people would probably think some of the shit I do is just as retarded. None of my business really, but it did make an impression on me.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder

PostSubject: Re: The Come Up   Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:58 pm

My feeling is that if you're ever going to make a questionable decision, it might as well be at a powerlifting meet. I know everyone talks up a conservative approach, but if it's the moment you trained for and you want to go for a big attempt, you should grant yourself that experience.

I also think the guy pulled two days before the meet and decided last-minute to do it--I know he pulled 515 during that session.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://iowapowerlifting.com
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder

PostSubject: Re: The Come Up   Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:59 pm

Will wrote:
I have decided to do the UPA meet in July and do the deadlift only. Now will I be 181 or 165? I've been hovering at 180 for a couple of months.

Definitely go 181. Or, hell, go as a light 198. Keep everything as simple as possible for the first time. That's advice that a lot of people ignore, but I still give it out to anyone who will listen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://iowapowerlifting.com

PostSubject: Re: The Come Up   Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:41 pm

Oh that makes a lot of sense maybe he was thinking he'd still win overall men's so he gambled on it. Still seems like a big jump in weight even if your max is mid-500's
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Come Up   Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:01 pm

Definitely listening to your advice but ill have been training DL sorta seriously for the better part of a year by then and I would want to be as competitive as possible even though I'm not an elite caliber lifter.

Donno the best way to format this but I want to eat properly and ill log my diet.

1.65lbs choice porterhouse (for 4.99/lbs!!!!)
20oz grape tomatoes
5 tangelos
1 head lettuce
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: The Come Up   Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:15 pm

There's a term for people who are over 6' and weigh 165, holocaust survivors.

You could log in MyFitnessPal and then just screen cap it, that might be the most easy and informative.

PostSubject: Re: The Come Up   Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:46 pm

Honestly I'd rather cut to 148 and stay at 165 year round but I couldn't do it natty
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Come Up   Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:30 pm

Feels shitty. Had a shitty day in the gym. Tried to distract myself from that by talking about dumb shit. Makes me feel even shittier like why did I go to the gym in the first place. Tbqh my piss is only starting to look healthy again. Donno why it takes so long to rehydrate and everything -- this is the kind of dumb shit that aggravates me for thinking about. jejs/&,&£&&/&:&@-@
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: The Come Up   Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:33 pm

u okay bro?

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite

PostSubject: Re: The Come Up   Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:35 pm

much calf
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Come Up   Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:04 am

I felt much better after writing that. I think I'm gonna stop logging while my squat and power clean training picks up some steam. Probably start back up when I'm deadlifting. So I'm going "off the grid" as I've heard Kyle say before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Come Up   

Back to top Go down

The Come Up
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting :: General :: Training Logs-
Jump to: