PostSubject: Re: Sammie Jo's training log   Fri May 30, 2014 11:34 pm

No not really
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sammie Jo
Class III
Class III

PostSubject: Re: Sammie Jo's training log   Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:57 pm

So this past week's benching day I hit a PR, but I was trying out wrist wraps with the sets...

I mean the weight felt heavy (75 for 3x5) as it should be, but it was easier to bring it up not having to focus on not bending my wrists back so far. This was my first time ever using wraps too. I don't plan on using them for my lighter weight days. Though what I want to ask is it bad to start using them now? My bench is now starting to come together and it is nice to see the improvement. I guess I just don't want to limit myself now if I have gone this long without any wraps/belt. But I will be investing in a belt and maybe knee sleeves this fall, just wondering if I should continue with wraps and have them for my meet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sammie Jo
Class III
Class III

PostSubject: Re: Sammie Jo's training log   Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:36 pm

Twin Cities Powerlifting Open Aug. 16th

So this is my "meet write up”,

I gave myself from the monday before to rest before the meet. It did pay off getting extra rest. Who knew? Going into the morning of the meet I realized the past few days from not eating as much I felt really tired and not up to par. So I ditched cutting weight to eat and make sure I felt 100%. I know I could have made 165 but with the nerves I didn’t want to chance it. Weighed in at 76.5kg and moved up the weight class.

Warmups for squats were great. Took my time and had a good stretch before. Weird thing I was the only one there who put chalk on my back. Didn’t bother me at all but got some weird looks. I guess this is a good thing to note is that I used a belt during all my attempts. Though I hadn’t used one at all during training. With my first attempt at 67.5kg I felt confident. I knew I could hit it so I made a good choice. 2nd attempt at 72.5kg was a good also. Kinda heavy on my back but the belt took some of that away. I thought about making a big jump for my last attempt to get a good PR. So I told her 77.5kg. I think I psyched myself out with the jump. I came a little out of the hole and just stopped. Mad that i wasn’t able to make it but still happy I got a PR.

As I was getting my things a coach of one the lifters from Southside Bully came up and talked to me about my squats. He loved my form and thought it looked really good for only powerlifting for a year. Looks like I actually learned something from high school and Poage’s part if the seminar.

Bench warmups went pretty quick. I forgot they put in the mens and women’s bench only class before the first flight of light weight women. So I around caught my breath stretched and got some caffeine in my system. First attempt at 37.5kg felt really easy, even with having to focus on keeping my heels flat. Second attempt was harder but still able to power through at 40kg. Didn’t want to make another big jump so I decided on 42.5kg. About 5 min before I went up the same guy from Southside came up to me and asked if I wanted a lift off for my last set. I knew I would need one anyways so I told him I will just ask the spotter. I settled it on my chest waiting for the press command and didn’t have the strength to power it up. Knew it would be hard either way so I can’t be bad at about it.

All through my warmups for deadlift I kept thinking that I wanted to follow through on my promise/ goal to break 200. I had set my first attempt kinda low at 80kg, but I also just wanted to make sure I hit something. (that was all my though process with my other opening attempts) It felt easy as could be so I decided to make a big jump to 87.5kg. I put in my headphones and that kept me focused. It felt heavy right off the bat but I dug into it and it came up harder than it looked. My last attempt at 92.5kg would put me at 203lbs. Pulling around my was hard and slow but came up with ease after that point.

Went 7 for 9 with a new total of 450. Great first meet overall. My parents barely know how to work their phones so no video from me. There was a youtube live stream and I will put the link under neath with my times that I lift at. It not that great of quality but it’s better than nothing. I don’t know when I plan on competing next. I have put some thought into doing a couple months of working on sumo. Plus really focusing on bringing up my bench total.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsGwRNRe4z0
18:48
29:50
40:54

1:43:41
1:54:18
2:04:51

2:45:48
2:55:30
3:06:20
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SSchwartsenator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sammie Jo's training log   Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:58 pm

Just watched some of your lifts, great job! Why didn't you get some hand offs for all your bench attempts though? I just feel like I'm wasting energy unracking whenever I'm working at anything above 90%

Sammie Jo
Class III
Class III

PostSubject: Re: Sammie Jo's training log   Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:49 pm

SSchwartsenator wrote:
Just watched some of your lifts, great job! Why didn't you get some hand offs for all your bench attempts though? I just feel like I'm wasting energy unracking whenever I'm working at anything above 90%

Thanks! I guess I have gotten used to doing it myself for so long that I never think of having someone help me. Also I don't feel as if I'm wasting a lot of my energy, but I will have to see how it makes a difference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SSchwartsenator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sammie Jo's training log   Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:51 pm

Sammie Jo wrote:
SSchwartsenator wrote:

Thanks!  I guess I have gotten used to doing it myself for so long that I never think of having someone help me.  Also I don't feel as if I'm wasting a lot of my energy, but I will have to see how it makes a difference.

I mean, if it's what you do in training obviously don't change it up right at a meet, so that's a good call. Start implementing it into some heavy training sets and see how much more energy you get in the tank!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sammie Jo's training log   

Back to top Go down

Sammie Jo's training log
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8