Share | 

Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Seth
Class I
Class I

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man   Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:41 pm

What do you think of the fat gripz when benching? I've never really put much weight on the bar when using them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man   Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:48 pm

I love doing fat gripz work. I don't know my numbers for certain, but I would guess I could get somewhere in the 275-280 range for a single with them.

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man   Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:54 pm

12/14-

Deadlift-
2x8@370

Deficit deadlift, off of one 25lb bumper plate-
370x2
405x2
425x2
445x4

Notes: My back is spasming all to hell and it took me forever to walk home. Icing like a motherfucker tonight. It didn't bother me whatsoever during any of my lifts, but changing the weight on the bar was a bitch. I'm not sure what happened. If it doesn't go away by my next squat session (Tuesday), I'm going to take a deload.

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man   Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:30 pm

Update on back: yesterday was total hell. It took me about 15 minutes to put on my underwear. The spasms were awful. Today is a bit better but still painful. I'm pretty much in constant discomfort, but it only really hurts while walking and if I bend over to any sort of degree.

I'm going to a chiropractor tomorrow. I've had similar problems before, but not any time recently and the fact that this isn't associated with any particular trauma has me confused. My best guess is that there is some sort of misalignment near the SI joint, plus a bunch of inflammation and of course the spasms.

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man   Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:27 pm

Back is a bit better. Went to the chiro, got a bit of an adjustment. Also got a TENS unit but the insurance won't pay for it so I have to give it back on Thursday. Sad

I think I might be able to bench today. I will see how I feel in a few hours.

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man   Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:21 pm

12/18-

Bench, all paused-
3x8@205

Wide grip bench, all paused-
205x3
225x3
235x3
245x3

Wide grip pullups- a lot
Dips- a lot

Notes: First time training this week because of the back. I'm definitely glad I trained--I was able to get a better view on how it is really feeling and things are looking up. It is definitely healing nicely and after my first couple of warm up sets I was able to arch with no problems whatsoever.

I finished up the day with a bunch of bodyweight squats and it felt okay as long as I kept my torso upright. I have another chiro appointment tomorrow just to keep shit in place. I will see how it feels. If I have to, I might front squat or something. Again, I'm going to play it by ear.

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man   Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:42 pm

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man   Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:08 pm

12/19-

Squat-
2x5@335

HS rows
GHRs
Face pulls

Notes: Back felt okay, just a bit on the uncomfortable side. It didn't hurt per se, but it kind of distracted me during my sets and my reps were slow. I did the work sets for my peaking cycle as opposed to my Juggernaut day. It would have been the same weight, but more reps if I had done Juggernaut. I'm optimistic that I will be able to deadlift Saturday.

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man   Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:23 pm

12/20-

Press-
3x8@145

Bench-
2x5@220

Notes: I just did my work sets and left. I am heading home. I added in the bench work to not fall too far behind in my programming. Hopefully I will be able to deadlift (and maybe squat?) tomorrow.

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man   Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:33 pm

So, I ended up taking all of Christmas week off. This is primarily due to working 48 hours throughout the week of alternating shifts, plus the usual Christmas stuff and letting my back heal some more.

My back still feels a little..."off", but it should be fine. I am planning on getting back wholly back into training this week. I am going to pick right back up in the middle of the 8's phase of Juggernaut, along with the corresponding week in my peaking cycle. I am also going to rearrange my training to have a 5x/week schedule (i.e. put my peaking cycle bench and Juggernaut press together) to give me more time for school this upcoming semester (my grades were putrid this last semester) as well as look for a weekend job.

I'm not sure if I will be doing the UPA meet, but right now, I'm not planning on competing.

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man   Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:07 pm

Also, I got about 20lb of meat for Christmas. Looks like I'm going to kickstart a keto run.

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quadfather
Class I
Class I

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man   Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:36 am

Just in case you do decide to compete, i am starting on the 5s phase this week. Best of luck commanderson. Stay on top of your back issue because i want to have some competition at 181 in the future

Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man   Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:47 am

Good to hear that the back's at least starting to feel better--I'm betting the week off will be good for you in the long run.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://iowapowerlifting.com
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man   Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:12 pm

Brometheus wrote:
Just in case you do decide to compete, i am starting on the 5s phase this week. Best of luck commanderson. Stay on top of your back issue because i want to have some competition at 181 in the future

I should actually be in the last week of the 8's phase with my bench and press, but I want to keep everything on the same page so I am going to run those days again. Also, I think you missed this:

Chris Anderson wrote:
Also, I got about 20lb of meat for Christmas. Looks like I'm going to kickstart a keto run.

165 brah. It's gonna happen.

Kyle Keough wrote:
Good to hear that the back's at least starting to feel better--I'm betting the week off will be good for you in the long run.

Yes, it should be. If nothing else, I'm going to do a fuckton of front squats (lol) and Zercher squats. Plus benching. Lots and lots of benching.

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man   Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:54 pm

12/30-

Bench, all reps paused-
3x8@205

Fat gripz bench, slightly wider grip, all reps paused-
205x3
225x3
245x3
255x3

Weighted pullups- a bunch
Low incline DB bench- a lot
Band pull aparts- a lot

Notes: First training day in a while and it felt purdy good. Should be doing Juggernaut squat tomorrow--indications are that it will be good to go.

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man   Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:40 pm

1/2-

Press- 3x8@145

BTN press-
2x5@95
2x5@115
2x3@135

Wide grip pullups- a lot
Dips- a lot
Curlz- x100

Notes: Back is feeling almost 100%. Squatting tomorrow should be no problem whatsoever. As long as there are no further setbacks, I think I am good to go for the rest of the cycle. Just playing it smart right now.

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man   Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:16 pm

1/3-

Squat-
135x5
135xLOL NOPE

Bench, all reps paused-
2x5@220

Fat gripz bench, all reps paused-
235x2
245x2
255x2
265x2
275x2

BLBSS- a lot
HS rows- some

Notes: So, today was set to be a squat day. My back felt fine, but I was dealing with a bit of DOMS from squatting earlier in the week. After the first set of 135, my right adductor/hamstring tightened up like a motherfucker and I couldn't do a 1/4 squat without pain. I went on the treadmill to try to walk it out a bit, but to no avail.

So, I just did my bench workout. These reps were fine and I went for some doubles with the fat gripz. 275x2 is a definite PR. If I were to do EDM training for my bench, it would be right around 300--my day-to-day bench strength is fantastic right now.

The adductor/hamstring felt okay while setting up my feet and arch on the bench and loosened up as I went. I was able to do my lower back super set just fine and it felt really good by the end of it. Tomorrow should be good to go.

Video of 275x2 to come.

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man   Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:30 pm

Second rep was a bit of a grind but I don't think it ever stopped moving upwards (or double dip) so I am happy with it.

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man   Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:38 pm

Also, I forgot to log my Juggernaut squat day.

12/31-

Squat-
2x8, 2x4@330

Notes: Back was good but not great. Last rep just felt off from the get-go so I racked it after four and finished it up a few minutes later. The second four reps were way better than the first.

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man   Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:28 pm

1/4-

Squat-
2x5@335
3x3@285

GHR
Neck work

Notes: Squat work went fairly well. My upper back needs to get stronger--I was caving in too much at the bottom of the squat. This went away a little bit when I went to a low(er) bar position, so that will be something I need to focus on as I move forward. I warmed up with my low back super set and that helped my back feel good.

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quadfather
Class I
Class I

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man   Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:39 pm

Chris Anderson wrote:
I warmed up with my low back super set

Wait, what?

Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man   Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:42 pm

I do a super set for my low back fairly often. I call it my Bullet Proof Low Back Super Set, or BLBSS. The point is to prevent low back injuries...Iguess I didn't do it enough haha. Anyway, I did a couple rounds of it to warm up today. The super set is GHR-bodyweight reverse hypers-back raises, 10-15 reps each movement.

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man   Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:49 am

omg guise i just found a new vein in my armmmmm

so jack3d

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man   Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:25 pm

1/5-

Bench, all paused-
225x12

Wide(r) grip bench, all paused-
5x3@225

HS bench machine thingy- a lot
HS unilateral rows- a lot
Curlz- a ton

Notes: Pretty good day. 225x12 was all short pauses. I'm sure some of them are more of a touch-and-go; video will be up. Just got some more volume in afterwards. Wide grip stuff was a variety of grips, all wider than my competition grip.

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man   Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:28 pm

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man   

Back to top Go down

Chris Anderson's training log V. 2.0-- Tom Kallas is a dead man
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next