Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

T-Shirt design and sizes!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

T-Shirt design and sizes! Empty
PostSubject: T-Shirt design and sizes!   T-Shirt design and sizes! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 9:47 pm

If you haven't commented on the Facebook post yet, I need your t-shirt size.

Also, as I've also posted on Facebook, there are potential issues with the design and licensing through the University. The suggested modifications to the nWo logo could be considered a parody of the design and if we put anything directly referencing the university on it (i.e. "Iowa Powerlifting" underneath the lettering, as planned), it could be denied. The same issue could affect the presence of the tigerhawk logo on the back.

T-Shirt design and sizes! Ipl_of10

Updated design:

T-Shirt design and sizes! 13926410

I like the second one. Let's get some (hopefully) final opinions and get everything approved. Let's vote on Sunday.

What the guys at Underground Printing suggested was to remove "Iowa Powerlifting" from underneath the "iPl", in order to remove that reference to the university. We would then have to remove the tigerhawk as well. We could put something different on the back (we have had "DYEL?" and the team awful logo on the back in the past), or leave it blank, which would also very slightly reduce the price per shirt.

My suggestion is to go with their idea, and remove "Iowa Powerlifting" in order to keep the "iPl" on the front, which I think looks cool, and still would look cool. We don't lose a lot by removing that, IMO. Then, for the back, we can simply come up with something to put there. I have suggested "Stay Safe". This way, we can completely avoid licensing and the risk of losing the design and having to start from scratch, while still keeping with the spirit of the design.

Please post up your opinions and ideas ASAP so I can get back to underground printing. Once we have everybody's sizes and the finalized design (anything we post in here is just a contingency plan in case licensing rejects the original), we can complete the order and go through with the payment through the university.

Last edited by Chris Anderson on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Seth
Class I
Class I

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirt design and sizes!   T-Shirt design and sizes! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 10:07 pm

Large. And in charge.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirt design and sizes!   T-Shirt design and sizes! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:25 am

Selling our shirts to 22nd Street and other non-members at cost has been approved by Caleb Wrecker.
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirt design and sizes!   T-Shirt design and sizes! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 10:06 am

T-Shirt design and sizes! 1485866_563815460381867_1970813679_o
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.com
Quadfather
Class I
Class I
Quadfather

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirt design and sizes!   T-Shirt design and sizes! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 10:56 am

I think as long as it looks cool and professional, it should be good. Something a little jokey/funny might not have the marketing effect that is beneficial to the club
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirt design and sizes!   T-Shirt design and sizes! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 11:43 am

The thing is, we are a jokey and funny group. That's part of our identity. We aren't Westside or Supertraining. We have fun. We have inside jokes.

22nd Street Barbell is going to be getting almost as many shirts as our own club will be getting. That's a lot of marketing and advertising right there. I've had several people email me about the club in the past week and a half; a few came to the last meeting and we have also have a few more new users here on the forum. I have already spoken to a few newcomers who will be coming to our training session on Friday. Our marketing is doing well.

We can make changes to the design right up until the order is finalized and the printing is underway--we don't have to make any super final decisions, we just need to have a solid idea of what to do in the situation that the current design is rejected by licensing.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirt design and sizes!   T-Shirt design and sizes! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 12:36 pm

Chris Anderson wrote:
The thing is, we are a jokey and funny group.

Speak for yourself. I powerlift in the no-fun zone.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirt design and sizes!   T-Shirt design and sizes! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 12:38 pm

Only when you're actually trying. I'm not sure if RUM had a trying division.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirt design and sizes!   T-Shirt design and sizes! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 1:08 pm

Chris Anderson wrote:
Only when you're actually trying. I'm not sure if RUM had a trying division.

The whole meet was a trying division.

Except for Malan. He skipped his last deadlift. He wanted to go to the beach.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirt design and sizes!   T-Shirt design and sizes! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 1:27 pm

If everybody is trying, then in relative terms, nobody was trying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirt design and sizes!   T-Shirt design and sizes! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

T-Shirt design and sizes!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: