Share | 

What to do with the rest of our funding

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: What to do with the rest of our funding   Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:56 pm

Okay, so we will probably spend about $200 of our university funds on t-shirts (I've been given a quote of about $7/shirt, and we are probably looking at around 30 total shirts), which will leave us with approximately $200 to use before the end of the semester. In this thread, we will have discussion on what we could do with said money.

My current idea is to somewhat go along with something Caleb Wrecker suggested to us at the beginning of the semester: spend it on equipment. With about $200, we could get a good amount of various stuff like foam rollers, straps, a bunch of chalk, a belt or two, bands, chains, etc. We could then get a tuffbox and keep all of the equipment in this box for us to use during our training sessions. We have the room to store it in, so it is away from the general populace, and with a big box (with a lock that only officers would have keys for), we can then make sure only we have access to it.

Example of tuffbox:

Obviously, we can work out what exactly to purchase after we get the shirt order completed, and know how much money we have to spend and what kind of stuff we want stored. This is just an idea to get rolling.

Let's get some discussion going and see what everybody thinks. All ideas are welcome: the worst that can happen is everybody demeans you and tells you to never post your ideas again we go with another idea.

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nathan Poage
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the rest of our funding   Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:02 pm

$200 is halfway to a TPB...

Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the rest of our funding   Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:10 pm

I like the Tuffbox idea, and we already have a bunch of stuff that could go in it. That seems very sensible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://iowapowerlifting.com
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the rest of our funding   Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:24 am

Also, Caleb Wrecker has already said this idea would be green lighted. This is an easy way to empty out funds and it would have a tangible benefit to the club.

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quadfather
Class I
Class I

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the rest of our funding   Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:00 am

Put the 200 as a down payment for a monolift. No one would use it because no one squats or probably knows how to use it

Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the rest of our funding   Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:37 pm

Chris Anderson wrote:
Also, Caleb Wrecker has already said this idea would be green lighted. This is an easy way to empty out funds and it would have a tangible benefit to the club.

If you get a tuffbox, I will at least be able to donate all my chains and bands before I move. And I can keep other things in there too, like my slingshot. So, we can already fill it with a lot of the stuff that was previously in the locker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://iowapowerlifting.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the rest of our funding   

Back to top Go down

What to do with the rest of our funding
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1