Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DUP Discussion Thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

DUP Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: DUP Discussion Thread   DUP Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 10:56 pm

As I get into more material on high frequency training, I've started to really become interested in undulating periodization. For those of you unaware, this basically means that you change the focus of your training on each lift from session to session. So you may go hypertrophy then power then strength thoughout one microcycle. It lends itself really well to high-frequency training and in some respects, I've been unconsciously modeling my training (particularly my bench training) after a DUP style. Smolov is an example of undulating periodization in which the reps, sets, and intensity changes each day during the microcycle. UP can then be patterned in a linear or block fashion.

So, I'm wanting to get some good discussion going here about DUP, as it seems like a training style that I could definitely make good use of and I know we have a few people in here a lot more knowledgeable than I on the subject.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: DUP Discussion Thread   DUP Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 11:55 pm

Just to give people a bit of background:

I don't know where DUP originates from, but Mike Zourdos's name is more or less synonymous with it for powerlifting programming. The basic premise is pretty similar to concurrent (and Westside-conjugate) periodization; DUP is like concurrent periodization with an emphasis.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: DUP Discussion Thread   DUP Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 12:14 am

The rough draft of my template for my volume block has me training seven days a week. I've never had that much frequency (well, except for the occasional week in which I would do a couple extra sessions for accessory work, going as high as 9 sessions a week, but this never went on for longer than two weeks at a time).

The rough draft of my template for my intense block has me training five days a week. I haven't had that little frequency for close to two years.
Back to top Go down
Quadfather
Class I
Class I
Quadfather

PostSubject: Re: DUP Discussion Thread   DUP Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 6:30 pm

Hit up wesley keith. Sam byrd wrote him a prep cycle using the fundamentals of DUP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DUP Discussion Thread   DUP Discussion Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DUP Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1