Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust

Go down 
+10
KevinAlvy
DDaddyKane
LTomasiello
badbackboi
Quadfather
Andy Awad
Chris Anderson Fan Boy 2
Nathan Poage
Chris Anderson Fan Boy
SSchwartsenator
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust   Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 6:53 pm

7/3-

Squat-
225- a few doubles and triples
275- some more doubles and triples

Sumo deadlift-
worked up to 405x1

Notes: Hamstring feels "okay" when I have a slightly-narrower-than-shoulder-width-stance with toes more or less straight ahead. At least I can squat. I just don't know why that first session back would be entirely pain free and then suddenly shit just goes south again. Oh well, squatting just once a week should allow me to slowly get back to my previous level. I don't feel much weaker, I'm just thinking too much about the hamstring and get discouraged once it starts hurting again.

Anyway, I got a wild hair up my ass to try out some sumo. My rationale was to try to stimulate the hamstring in different ways just to see what hurts and what doesn't. Sumo wasn't too bad--about the same as conventional, pain-wise. Of course, I was using a pretty narrow stance and I wasn't using very good technique, but it was better than expected. I just wanted to throw some weight on the bar and know I could do it without dying. Plus, doing some raw sumo helps with my mindset going into my geared sumo session next week. 405x1 is the heaviest I have gone since originally hurting my hamstring a year and a half ago.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust   Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 8:47 pm

7/5-

Paused bench-
285x3
300x3- another cheap PR

Slingshot paused bench-
315x5- fuck my life
355x1- oh my god just kill me

Paused bench, wider grip-
2x5@275

Notes: Really needed at least six reps 315 slingshot set. Reps were okay throughout the day but the weight fell back towards my face a lot more than it should be, so I put my grip out a little wider. I think I will be benching with my middle finger on the rings at the meet.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust   Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 7:38 pm

**wall of text incoming**

Tl;Dr: I am feeling better about my hamstring and I now have a solid plan moving forward as I look to compete in October and qualify for RUM VIII.

7/6-

Jump rope, prowler sprints, GHR- some

Sumo deadlift-
lolno

Deadlift w/groove briefs-
545x1.9
545x0

GHR- a lot

Squat-
55x a lot

Notes (i.e dear diary): Interesting session. My plan was to come in and try out some sumo with my gear, but 315x1 raw felt like shit so I called that off. I went back to conventional and that felt fantastic. I really really really should not have quit on the second rep at 545 but it felt like it had stopped--I looked at the video and I was a lot closer to lockout than I thought. Disappointed, I tried it again. This time, I barely got if off the floor before my hamstring told me to stop. It wasn't bad, just something I figured I should listen too.

For squatting, I did a bit more experimenting, this time with my wrestling shoes. I immediately felt better using the wrestling shoes than my squat shoes--I think this is because I can squat *just* to depth, which keeps a good amount of strain off the hamstring while still allowing me to activate the posterior chain. A wider stance with my toes mostly forward felt best here. Thankfully, that is where I am usually strongest. I did not go heavier than 145, but I could tell that everything is feeling better. I was doing GHRs for sets of ten and sets of five with long negatives, which is very good indicator for the health of the hamstring.

Thus, I have identified a few important factors for preventing hamstring pain during my squat:

-toes forward
-squat just barely to depth
-do a more extensive dynamic warmup
-squat in a flat-soled shoe
-do a lot of hamstring and glute work throughout the entire session (as well as throughout the entire week)
-allow more rest in between my squat and deadlift days (no more 3 squat days and 2 deadlift days per week)

I think I can combine all these with a solid plan that allows me to slowly build my strength back up while minimizing pain and re-injury risk. I will have to wait a couple of weeks to fully implement this plan (because of my upcoming bench meet and another week of AT), but I can begin putting elements of it into my training right away. The template looks like this:

Bench twice a week
Squat once a week
Deadlift once a week
Do conditioning/cardio along with abs, lats, and other minor stuff 2-3 times a week

As my hamstring heals and I feel more confident, I will also add in more squats with my deadlift day, but that is for later. Most everything will be linear periodization with a little bit of wave periodization mixed in. The two bench days will be a linear "heavy effort" day and a "volume effort" day that will be centered towards variations such as close grip, fat gripz, stuff with chainz, and equipped bench (including slingshot work). The heavy effort day will be all competition style. I dunno where I'm going to put overhead work--that's a minor detail I will sort out later.

The squat day will be purely linear, just adding weight when I feel healthy. We are keeping it very simple here. I should be healthy enough by a month from now to start adding in wraps, which I will probably do every other week. For now, though, it's all about getting healthy and avoiding pain.

The deadlift day will be linear, with my all-singles approach like I have been doing.

The conditioning days will be stuff like sled dragging, prowler pushing, and some strongman stuff. Stuff like lats, abs, biceps, grip, rear delts, etc will go here.

All in all, I am feeling a lot better about my confidence and hamstring health going forward than I have been the past week. It will be a slow process, but I know that once I get the ball rolling, my strength will quickly move up. I still have a good shot at qualifying for RUM--I should be lifting at the USPA meet in Minnesota on October 11th, which should give me plenty of time to get healthy and resume getting strong.
Back to top Go down
SSchwartsenator
Admin
SSchwartsenator

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust   Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 8:36 pm

Looks like I was on to something when I mentioned your stretch reflex at the bottom of the squat. Glad you can narrow it down and know your limitations now. I kind of rely on my stretch reflex to get a nice bounce out of the hole, but obviously everyone squats different. At least now you know you know you can't rely on that without nagging your hamstring, and have to move forward with possibly a different approach to squats.

Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust   Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 8:44 pm

I've never had too fast of a descent on my heavy squats, so it makes sense that would be the case. However, you raise an important point--I haven't really played with my speed of descent at all since I've begun my rehab. I'm going to experiment with that a bit on my next squat day.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust   Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 10:03 pm

7/7-

Bench-
295x2
285x2
295x2
305x2
315x1- fuck my life
275x5

Pullups- a lot, mainly for instagram and tinder pics
Overhead tricep band extensions- a lot
Band face pulls- a lot

Notes: I have lost a lot of fucking strength on my bench. Fuck. Hoping rest will get me to where I need to be--a week off usually does me a lot of good.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust   Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 7:55 pm

7/8-

Jump rope- a bunch
Light sled drag walk- a bunch
GHR- some, with 5 second eccentrics

Prowler sprint- 100' w/50lb, superset with pullups x10, various grips- five rounds

Yoke walk- 100' w/185, 275, 365, 455
Atlas stone- 155lb over the yoke (no idea on height), some reps

Notes: Conditioning day with lots of strongman type stuff. Tired as hell. About to eat 2.5lb of wings. Going to have a few drinks with a lady friend tonight.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust   Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 6:11 pm

7/9-

Bench-
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x3
2x3@225
2x3@245

Press-
45x5
95x5
135x5
2x5@150

GHR- 5x5 in between bench warmups
Squat- a bunch x5 w/bar

EZ curlz/band pull-apart superset, 4x25, no rest whatsoever

Notes: A programmed light session before my last heavy bench day before the meet. Light squats and GHRs continue to feel good. I should be able to have a good squat day tomorrow--I'm planning on starting a simple 14-week peaking cycle, which should work well with easing into heavy weights to let my hamstring keep up. I anticipate a pretty quick return of my strength base once I can stay healthy; I feel that if I can just put 2-3 good weeks together, the hamstring will be good for quite some time, although I will continue to be careful and do a lot of stuff to keep it healthy. I will probably put wraps on at some point within the next 3-4 weeks.

Rough outline for the remainder of this cycle:

Thursday- squat
Friday- light conditioning
Saturday- very heavy bench session (looking to hit a good 325)
Monday- combined squat/DL session
Tuesday through meet day- water load and cut, possible super light bench session about 4 days out
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust   Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 11:15 pm

7/10

Squat-
55x5
145x5
195x5
235x5
285x6

Snatch grip paused deadlift
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x5
315x3
315x5
no pause
3x1@365

Deadlift
365x1
405x1
455x1

GHR- 3x10

Notes: Hamstring felt okay during warmups and then got worse as weight went up. Was supposed to do 2x10@285. Just gotta keep on making baby steps. Deadlifts went well.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust   Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 5:40 pm

7/12-

Paused bench-
45x5
95x5
135x5
wrist wraps on
185x3
225x1
belt on, full commands
250x1
275x1
300x1
325x1

Notes: My last heavy bench day before the meet. I am exactly one week out. As far as technique goes, this was my best session since returning from AT. 325 moved smoothly, taking a little bit less than 2 seconds (I need good software to get an exact number, probably Kinovea) from pause to lockout. I'm feeling a lot more confident after today than I was heading into this, which is awesome, and a good rest period is almost always very helpful to my bench.

I may do a very light session on Monday or Tuesday with 135 or so for moderate reps just to help enhance recovery and keep me focused--I simply like being around weights and people lifting so this should be a good idea.

Planned attempts:

352 (will tie all-time PR, be a 10kg competition PR, first 350+ competition bench)
363 (will be first 2xBW bench, and should move me into the top 50 for the first time)

Essentially, if I hit 352 at all, no matter what, I'm going for 363. Any smaller PR will be worthless because I will either miss it, or come away saying "man, I was so close to 363, I should have just gone for it." A jump to 356 will seem silly and going to 359 will just mean I was scared to 363. This is a bench-only meet, and I have no reason to take a risk. I don't have a total to go after, and the rankings are mostly just for pride anyway--the real fun will begin once I try for 380 to qualify for RUM bench only.

After this, I have another week of AT in Wisconsin, which will be a nice little deload, and then I move apartments. I will then have the perfect amount of time to move into a nice long high-volume block and prep myself for the meet in October. I'm looking forward to it all.

And, here is a video from some of my recent training sessions. Video of this session (and a couple even more recent sessions) will be posted soon.

EDIT: Nevermind the super shitty video editing in the above video. My video trimming app has been shitty lately, and my internet has been giving me troubles when uploading to youtube, so I don't even have half the sets in the video that I wanted, and there's a lot of extraneous bullshit in the video that wastes people's time. Just skip through it.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust   Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 6:39 pm

Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust   Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 11:38 pm

7/14-

Bench-
5x3@135

Two-hands-anyhow:
88lb barbell + 65lb kettlebell x1

Notes: some really light benching and fun putting things over head. Five days out.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust   Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 8:37 pm

Well, due to waking up late and not bringing water to work, today ended up being a bit more of a fast than I intended it to be, but it shouldn't be an issue. I just ate some beef and eggs and I am going to drink as much water as I can before I go to bed. I was about 187 right before eating, and I figure I'll drink about a half gallon before bed, putting me at 191-192ish. I lose 2-3lb overnight, so we'll say I'm 189 when I wake up. Tomorrow is essentially a pure fast, and I should lose almost exactly 8lb throughout the day. Then, I have another night in which I will lose about 1lb (I will lose less because I will already be in a fasted/dehydrated state. Therefore, I should wake up around 179-180, which is absolutely perfect.

This cut is going exactly as the last two have gone, and I am in great position to make weight. Then, epic recomp time will happen and I will be back up to about 200.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust   Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 9:48 pm

Just checked my weight with the calibrated scale at the CRWC--185.0/.1. I'm going to take a hot shower before bed and when I wake up, which will take about a pound off. Then, I lose a little over 2lb overnight. That puts me just at the weight limit of 181.75. As long as there isn't any setbacks, I should be fine. Checking my weight in the morning before I leave (about 2hr before weighing in) gives me time to spit in case something goes wrong.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust   Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 6:29 pm

Made weight at 82.0kg. Probably about 195lb right now. Haven't urinated or defecated yet at all--I've been absorbing everything.
Back to top Go down
badbackboi
Class II
Class II
badbackboi

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust   Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 9:04 pm

Chris Anderson wrote:
Haven't urinated or defecated yet at all--I've been absorbing everything.

Serious question here:

Will you urinate/defecate before the meet or will you try to get as big/bloated/constipated as possible. I can see how this could help you stay tighter under your belt. Perhaps fecal impaction acts synergistically with the valsalva technique: 2 + 2 = 5 or something
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust   Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 9:14 pm

I'm not actively trying to not poop here, brah. It was just a way of showing how much I was dehydrated/glycogen depleted and now my body is holding on to everything. I will probably have an epic shit tomorrow morning and blastoff from the toilet into low-earth orbit.
Back to top Go down
badbackboi
Class II
Class II
badbackboi

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust   Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 10:02 pm

good luck at the meet

don't be afraid to post the pics (of u lifting)
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust   Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 4:23 pm

Meet report

Weight cut and recomp:

Started water load around 190lb. I was about 197 at my absolute highest before this meet. Water load was good except for the very end where work got in the way of hydration. Fasting went well. I was about a pound over the morning of weigh-in, wearing a few extra layers and having the heat running in my car on the drive up did the trick. I was able to recomp up to about 195 or so, after weighing in at 82.0kg (about 180.7). I did not urinate or defecate for over nine hours post-weigh ins, which just goes to show how much my body was retaining water and carbs.

Warmups:
Best warmups I have ever had. The bar was flying out of my hands, my technique was spot-on, and I received a lot of good remarks about my bar speed. Pausing was no problem and I felt incredibly confident going into my opener.

Attempts:

314- good lift, although my technique did not feel very good. My bar path was wonky and I felt uneven.

352- competition PR attempt, would match my training PR. Didn't get this, just lost tightness and couldn't get it off my chest.

352- second chance at this, and a similar result. Was barely able to get it off my chest.

Conclusion:

Taking three weeks off in June and then expecting to return to full strength was not a very good plan. In the couple of weeks I had before the meet, my training just wasn't very good and my strength wasn't where it needed to be. I struggled with reps that should have been very easy and my top-end work wasn't very good either. For my last heavy session, I did hit a fast 325 paused bench, which gave me some much-needed confidence. However, I just couldn't get it to come together. C'est la vie.

To the future:

I'm about ten weeks out from my next planned meet, a USPA meet on October 11th in Minneapolis. A long, continuous training cycle is exactly where I need. My bench strength will return quickly once I have more consistency. My deadlift is headed in a positive direction as well.

The only question mark is my slowly healing hamstring, although I do strongly believe it will be full speed in about three weeks. Once that is ready, my squat will fly back up--I was making excellent progress before the hamstring derailed my training. It doesn't bother my deadlift, just my squat.

Short term goals:
Get my hamstring healthy
Return my bench to ~350lb strength level
Continue to consistently train my deadlift

Medium term goals:
Get stronger
Continue to diet down and slowly lose fat mass

Long term goals:
squat a lot of weight
bench a lot of weight
deadlift a lot of weight
don't weigh a lot of weight

Video:

Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust   Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 2:59 am

So, due to Army stuff, I will not be able to go to either the USPA meet in October or the UPA meet in November. I refuse to lift in the USAPL, so I will likely be making a return to NASA for the November 1st meet. This means a few things:

-I get a few extra weeks to train and return my hamstring to 100%
-I have to focus on weight loss as I can't do a big cut without 24 weigh ins
-I will save a lot of money on travel/lodging/entry fees by doing a closer meet and using the Gold Card
-1450+ @ 181 may be enough to win best lifter and hopefully a championship belt, as long as Beau Moore doesn't show up
-RUM is now in a bit of doubt, as I have to have a total submitted before the 1st. If I get a qualifying total, I could still possibly get in if I can talk to Eric Talmant and hope for a spot to open up

I do have a plan written up for meet prep but I want to wait until I am home to type it up. I return to Iowa tomorrow and move in to my new apartment Saturday. This will be hectic and may impact my return to training but I am optimistic. I have some very firm goals to reach for and I will not let anything stop me. A solid training cycle here after returning to full health and I am looking at a 1450-1500 total. After that, I am allin to join this group of stud 181s and become one of the best in the nation and world.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust   Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 12:54 pm

Alright, time for a quick write-up on my upcoming training cycle.

Cliffs:
Two bench days, one in a linear fashion focused on heavy competition bench work, and the other using wave periodization (5/3/1) for variations, rotating on each wave.
Two squat days, following the same pattern as bench.
One press day, 5/3/1.
One deadlift day, singles in a linear fashion as I have done previously.

Main heavy days for bench and squat will be linear, working from sets of five down to singles. Weights will not be 100% planned out from the beginning, especially for the squat, but I will simply look to make logical jumps in intensity and volume. After the top set(s) of the day, I will make a couple 5-10% drops for some more reps as backoff work.

5/3/1 days will be as written, leaving a rep or two in the tank. Training maxes will be estimated, as I don't have any official maxes for most of the variations I will be using. So, there is a decent chance I will have to play this by feel, but it will still follow the intended flow of 5/3/1. I will likely mix in heavy-ish singles and doubles after the rep-out of the day, but nothing of very high intensity.

Variations to use for bench:
Close grip bench
Slingshot bench
Fat gripz bench
Floor press

Variations to use for squat:
Safety bar squat
Close stance squat
Reverse band squat
For the first few weeks, I will only squat once per week to help ensure my hamstring gets healthy

Assistance work on the main days will be rep work with the variations I have picked out, along with my typical accessory work.

Upper body assistance work:
Triceps (overhead tricep extensions, EZ bar skullcrushers, etc)
Lats (pullups, rows)
Grip (farmer walk)
Rear delts (band pull-aparts, face pulls)

Lower body assistance work:
Hamstrings (GHR)
Quadz (leg extensions)
Trapz (shrugs)
Abz (ab wheel)

Deadlift assistance lifts will be variations such as paused deadlifts, block pulls, and snatch grip pulls. I will likely do a lot of work with chains/bands/reverse bands to strengthen my lockout.

I'm unsure how I want to organize these days, as I will have to see how my work/school schedule balances out. But, I am looking to train 5-6x/week, with conditioning as often as possible without interfering with my strength. NASA meets do not have a 24 hour weigh-in, so I need to continue dieting down and cut off some fat to make life easier for me.

Also, I have a PT test in October, and I need a good score to start being eligible for schools and courses like WLC so I can get my E-5 as quick as possible.

Last edited by Chris Anderson on Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust   Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 8:45 am

8/2-

Close grip bench- 300x1
Fat gripz bench- 300x1
Floor press- 305x1

Pullups/dips/hanging leg raise- a bunch
Jump rope- 3x100 jumps

Notes: worked up to heavy, but not maximal, singles for 3 of my variations that I will be using fir my 5/3/1 days. I alternated close grip and fat gripz for warmups, so the volume really wasn't that much. My close grip bench is stronger than the fat gripz bench, so I will use 310 for a training max. I could probably do 315-320 and hope to be able to hit 330 or so by the end of the training cycle. 300 will be my training max for fat gripz bench, I hope to hit 315 on that by the end of the cycle. 305 moved pretty easy on floor press; I will use 315 as the training max for that lift.

8/3-

Deadlift- 10x1@405
Paused deadlift- 3x1@405
GHR- 3x10
Weighted pullups- 3x5

Notes: was going to squat but I sprained my ankle while walking home blackout drunk Saturday night. It felt a lot better after pulling. Hoping to squat by Thursday.
Back to top Go down
badbackboi
Class II
Class II
badbackboi

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust   Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 8:56 am

how do you do dips at Magni?
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust   Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 12:32 pm

They have a new dip/pullup/hanging leg raise station. It's pretty convenient.

8/4-

Press-
135x5
150x5
170x11, 232 calculated 1RM

Yoke press-
1x5
1x4
1x2

Weighted dips-
2x10, 1x8

Pullups- 3x8

Fat gripz bicepticon machine-
rest pause w/"60" 11, 5, 4
Burnout reps down to "10"

Notes: dips and pullups were also done in between warm up sets for press. I won't be able to train every day at 5 as I would like because of work, but I still have plenty of gaps to be able to train consistently. Waking up for work at 6 will also help me keep a more consistent sleep schedule, which will be very good for mood/daily energy, as well as fat loss. It will force me to eat more regularly and so long as I keep buying foods that aren't crappy for me, I'll have a good diet simply because I won't have any other options. Once my roommates move in, I will have to stay away from whatever crap food they buy, though. Fat loss goal is to be consistently waking up at 190 by the end of the month, and wake upat 185 by mid-October.

Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust   Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 9:56 pm

8/5-

Fat gripz bench-
195x5
225x5
255x7, 314 calculated max
275x1
285x1

Overhead band tricep extension-
3x20

Squat-
3x5@185

Leg extension-
Rest pause 18/12/8 @ "12"

Unilateral kettlebell SLDL
3x20, 5 second eccentric

Notes: bit of a weird session today. I decided to do a bit of squatting as I haven't done a lower body session since Saturday. Did light squats, trying to feel out what sets off my hamstring tendon. It is feeling better but will just be a slow process. The eccentric SLDLs are part of my original rehab scheme, which I will be doing everyday again to build up that tendon strength. I will also be doing more isolation work for my legs just for pure hypertrophy as well as to help me prepare for actually squatting again.

Planning on keeping the squats linear until I feel I can do 70%+ work again on a consistent basis. SSB squats are typically a bit easier on the hamstring--I will see how they feel Thursday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust   Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris Anderson's Training Log V3.0: RUM or bust
Page 4 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next