HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Question for people who lift in wrestling shoes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
badbackboi
Class II
Class II

PostSubject: Question for people who lift in wrestling shoes   Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:03 pm

I'm seeing that they come in full and split sole designs. Which one is better to lift in?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder

PostSubject: Re: Question for people who lift in wrestling shoes   Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:19 pm

I totally forgot there were two options. My guess is that full sole would probably be a bit better for deadlifting, as it's not necessary for most compound movements to have a heel and ball that are separated. If you were going to be using them with a lot of heel-elevated or toe-elevated movements, or doing a lot of heel-toe walking in them while training, the split sole might be best. I have a split sole and it works fine for me, but I've also never worn unisole.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://iowapowerlifting.com
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Question for people who lift in wrestling shoes   Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:22 pm

I wrestled for three years and coached for two and I didn't even know this was a thing. TIL

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
badbackboi
Class II
Class II

PostSubject: Re: Question for people who lift in wrestling shoes   Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:29 am

That's sort of what I was thinking, Kyle, but I'll be using them to squat. I need a flat shoe and I don't like chucks so I'm not sure what my options really are. I was interested in the Metal squat shoes and I can't seem to find them online but I guess I need to look into that some more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Question for people who lift in wrestling shoes   Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:58 am

Wrestling shoes
Barefoot
Deadlift slippers
Reebok Crossfit shoes
New Balance Minimus

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace

PostSubject: Re: Question for people who lift in wrestling shoes   Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:59 am

Keosawa wrote:
I totally forgot there were two options. My guess is that full sole would probably be a bit better for deadlifting, as it's not necessary for most compound movements to have a heel and ball that are separated. If you were going to be using them with a lot of heel-elevated or toe-elevated movements, or doing a lot of heel-toe walking in them while training, the split sole might be best. I have a split sole and it works fine for me, but I've also never worn unisole.

How the hell do people walk heel-toe in wrestling shoes? I have to go toe-heel. Of course, I also walked toe-heel for most of my childhood, because I was barefoot all the damn time.

Solum per exitum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
badbackboi
Class II
Class II

PostSubject: Re: Question for people who lift in wrestling shoes   Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:18 pm

That's unusual, Chris. I only walk toe-heel if I'm moving backwards.  affraid 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
badbackboi
Class II
Class II

PostSubject: Re: Question for people who lift in wrestling shoes   Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:34 am

I was recently made aware of the Sabo Deadlift shoe so I'll bump this in case anyone is interested. Seems like it might along the lines of a wrestling shoe that's built for the purpose of lifting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for people who lift in wrestling shoes   

Back to top Go down

Question for people who lift in wrestling shoes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1