View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
badbackboi
Class II
Class II

PostSubject: Re: Three Stages to PR 1RM   Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:58 pm

280x3x8

Massively dehydrated when I woke up this morning. Watered myself, took a splendid nap, had some chips and hummus (more on this in a moment) and did my squatting. Didn't feel too bad really. It was slightly harder than it should have been but I think I wasn't 100% committed to some of those reps coming out of the hole.

Gotta stop spending so much money on groceries man. I'm addicted to the $10 tubs of Oasis hummus and I can pretty much eat one of those in a sitting unless I think better about it. Also been feeding on wild caught salmons and tender cow loin most days. . . The future is uncertain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
badbackboi
Class II
Class II

PostSubject: Re: Three Stages to PR 1RM   Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:07 am

285x2x8, 1x9

First set I went way too wide--big mistake. Felt a little pressure on the lateral joint line from that. Did an extra rep to finish. I have a bad habit of setting the bar too far to the right--about an inch. Loads my injured leg a little more. Gonna have to do a better job setting up. I think it has to do with asymmetric shoulder flexibility.

Got 3 more session left in this block if all goes well. Then a block of quadruples. I have some numbers in mind but I'm hesitant to say what I may get for a single after all of this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
badbackboi
Class II
Class II

PostSubject: Re: Three Stages to PR 1RM   Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:08 am

290x2x8, 1x13

Got slightly more than 48 hours (54 maybe) rest (buy I got an extra 'night' of sleep because schedule messed up) and I felt quite a bit stronger today. First set very little form breakdown. I told myself I would stick to my scheme but I couldn't help myself on the last set. The 13th rep broke down a lot good thing I'm strong in this position. Felt like the bar sunk a little on my rest delts or at least at the. End I was thinking it seemed like it was set a little lower and I actually liked it. May try to do this intentionally. Last set I actually managed to set the bar centered too. Probably the best day yet!!

Edit:also switched to my stiff 13mm belt. Think I might get more out of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
badbackboi
Class II
Class II

PostSubject: Re: Three Stages to PR 1RM   Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:58 pm

295x3x8

Quads felt really sore as I warmed up. Donno what's up with that. Felt unprepared for this maybe cause I did an AMRAP on my last set two days ago. The last reps were severe GMs. I'll have three nights of sleep before Sunday. Going to 22nd St then which works out perfectly since it's also the last day of this block. I think I may just do 300 for AMRAP and just do the one set. Gonna try to eat really well and employ restitution measures. Don't want Sunday feeling like today.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
badbackboi
Class II
Class II

PostSubject: Re: Three Stages to PR 1RM   Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:50 pm

300x1x14

I'm pretty happy with how this went. I went to sleep last night at 1:00 and woke up at 3:30 with some mild food poisoning. Felt a lot better as the morning progressed but I never managed to get back to sleep. The car ride took a little out of me and we spent 30min at the wrong location and I was a little dehydrated at this point. Finally got to 22nd St and chugged water and my thermos of coffee. I wanted to listen to the tutorials but I had my mind on knocking out this squatting first. The equipment really threw me off. For some reason I felt like the left side was weighing a lot more during warm ups but this might just be because I spend so long training with the bar off center so being meticulous about centering it threw me off... I was worried about the bar rolling because I had a slick shirt and the knurling wasn't very deep. This was an oly bar so the rings weren't on the right spot but I made do measuring with my thumbs #ScotMendelson. The set itself was just a little better than I expected although there were was some form breakdown that I wasn't ready for. My back did round on one of the reps like halfway through and then once or twice more at the end. It wasn't a reflexive relaxation of my last lumbar joints coming out of the hole. I think it was a little higher up on my spine when I was fighting the sticking point. I think I could have even got an extra rep or so under completely idea conditions but I feel pretty good about this!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
badbackboi
Class II
Class II

PostSubject: Re: Three Stages to PR 1RM   Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:05 am

I'm starting to think about what's next. This is the longest I've been on a (more or less) strict program and it's helped me a lot. I don't think I'll be spinning my wheels anymore.

Looking towards the future... I would desperately like to do a good program to increase my jumping and diet down very lean. These are somethings (the jump training and diets) I've never been able to follow through with. I'll be okay to abandon my lifts for a period and remove myself from the.... Anyway, this is what I've come up with and after a little down time (from peaking 1RM squat) I'm gonna commence such a plan although the sets x reps are not decided yet:

One Leg Jump Training in Three Blocks Over Nine Weeks

warm up 20 minutes low intensity basketball (1 pick up game or just practicing); then 5 (A), 10 (B), 15 (C) dunks; then:

(A) bounding 3x10 alternating leg
(B) overload: rear foot elevated split squat, calfs (triphasic and eccentric?)
(C) depth jumps 3x5 off low box (match volume of specific dunk 1:1 ratio?)

Wk 1 AA
Wk 2 AA
Wk 3 AB
Wk 4 AB
Wk 5 BB
Wk 6 BC
Wk 7 BC
Wk 8 CC
Wk 9 CC

If you see this Poage I'd appreciate any input
Back to top Go down
View user profile