Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log

Go down 
+8
KevinAlvy
DDaddyKane
GFou
SSchwartsenator
Keosawa
Chris Anderson
Nathan Poage
badbackboi
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MFGlenn
Class IV
Class IV

Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Empty
PostSubject: Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log   Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 2:22 pm

Hi all,
Posting up my training log here, but going to introduce myself a little.

I'm just an itty bitty freshman, currently an Electrical and Computer Engineering major, considering a second major in Mathematics as well. Pretty good at the whole school thing so far, but we'll see.

I enjoy long walks on the beach and candlelit dinners. Really though, I play video games competitively, occasionally make some money off it. You know what they say, if you're good at something don't do it for free. Plus MLG pro 360 noscope 420 blaze it xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. The usual.

In high school I was really into running, got pretty good at it. Weighed in at 139lbs at 6' tall, doctor told me I was underweight and dumb, so I decided to bulk up a little bit. Turned to lifting to get huge. My early training, however, was majorly effected by my fear of getting fat and subsequent lack of caloric intake. Since this semester has started, with the access to massive amounts of food, I've started gaining a bit more weight, getting a bit more fat, but my lifts are going up.

Just recently got into lifting, my current 1RM were tested about a month ago:
Bench: 165lb
Squat: 245lb
Deadlift: 315lb

I've been running Lord Rippetoe's Starting Strength up until I started lifting in the Olympic Weight Room, and now I've just been doing whatever (which I will fix). I guess the atmosphere is beneficial or something, because my squats have been progressing very nicely, and my deadlifts are also becoming pretty solid. However, I suck at bench, so I really haven't been doing too much of that, which I need to focus on. (Same with press). Looking forward to posting my progress and hopefully eventually not being too weak.

Matt
Back to top Go down
MFGlenn
Class IV
Class IV

PostSubject: Re: Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log   Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 2:31 pm

9/29:

Posting yesterdays stuff, forgive me:

Squats:
Warmups
243lbs 3x5

Notes:
First set went up decently well, same with second set. Trying to focus more on setting the weight back more, not leaning so far forward, which causes my ass to rise slightly before shoulders. Third set last rep was basically a good-morning, so I'm probably going to repeat the same weight again. Sam let me borrow his wrist wraps, which was a nice change. Helped alleviate some of my elbow pain, same with a slightly wider grip. However, I blame the shitty form of my last set on Danger Zone or Let it Go not playing in the background. Still really stoked that I've progressed to right under my 1RM from a month ago.
Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log   Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 2:41 pm

First
Back to top Go down
badbackboi
Class II
Class II
badbackboi

PostSubject: Re: Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log   Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 3:27 pm

MFGlenn wrote:
420 blaze it

That sounds about right

MFGlenn wrote:
I've been running Lord Rippetoe's Starting Strength

I believe his full title is Lord Rippetoe, The Most Powerful Human Being in the Entire Universe. But the nutswingers just call him Rip
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log   Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 3:53 pm

Iowalifter wrote:
MFGlenn wrote:
I've been running Lord Rippetoe's Starting Strength

I believe his full title is Lord Rippetoe, The Most Powerful Human Being in the Entire Universe. But the nutswingers just call him Rip
It's Dear Leader, filthy casual.

Rip is love.  Rip is life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.com
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log   Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 5:16 pm

what the fuck is going on in here
Back to top Go down
MFGlenn
Class IV
Class IV

PostSubject: Re: Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log   Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 5:17 pm

Introductory Shenanigans, duh.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log   Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 5:32 pm

Hello there.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
MFGlenn
Class IV
Class IV

PostSubject: Re: Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log   Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 5:37 pm

Hi!
Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log   Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 6:00 pm

rippletoad
Back to top Go down
SSchwartsenator
Admin
SSchwartsenator

PostSubject: Re: Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log   Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:38 pm

If this isn't your average day GTFO

...and also welcome
Back to top Go down
MFGlenn
Class IV
Class IV

PostSubject: Re: Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log   Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 1:27 am

Well, actuallllllly. The CoD scene is very urban-fashion oriented. Snapbacks, the phrase "Yo," are things that I've unconsciously adopted because of my involvement in the culture. I use words like "homie" on occasion when I'm playing the game, but try very hard not to use them in everyday speech. It's basically a whole different language, filled with words like "rotate," "detriment," "code red," and "prayers."

Vocabulary aside, competitive gaming is a HUGE hype sport. Yes, at football people get rowdy, and there's a ton more people at football games, but the several thousand people that attend CoD events are VERY INVOLVED and VERY VOCAL. Similarly, the gamers (such as myself, I hate to admit it) get very involved in trash talking the other team. Matches at LAN events are played facing the other team, with only two monitors between you and another skinny 16 year-old. It's very common to get up and yell, saying things like "YOU'RE AWFUL!" or "WHY ARE YOU EVEN PLAYING?!" When I was in Anaheim I actually lost my voice on Friday due to all the yelling, making it hard to communicate on Saturday morning. Fortunately it was back to spec that evening for our matches.

That's all the detail I'll go into for now, if anyone has any questions regarding "pro gaming," hit me up. A disclaimer, though: I am nowhere near real "pro" status. Yes, I make a small amount of money playing video games, and I have recently started trying to get a Youtube channel off the ground, but I don't make nearly enough money nor place nearly well enough at enough major tournaments to be considered "pro." I'm what people in the scene like to call a "Top AM," which means that I'm very good, but not on a pro team (There's only about 16 teams that are considered "pro," with four players a team, you do the math).
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log   Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 1:51 am

MFGlenn wrote:
you do the math

23?
Back to top Go down
badbackboi
Class II
Class II
badbackboi

PostSubject: Re: Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log   Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 5:59 am

Chris Anderson wrote:
real talk i am pretty sure rippetoe was the head judge at a NASA meet a couple years ago

Crap. I seriously can't do a meet if Rip is head judge. Wouldn't see a single white light. That man has it out for me.

SSchwartsenator wrote:

Incidentally, George Leeman has said he listens to that first song (Two Steps From Hell--Protectors of the Earth) when he psychs up to lift.
Back to top Go down
GFou
Class II
Class II
GFou

PostSubject: Re: Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log   Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 9:24 am

CoD sweaty checking in..I'll 1v1 you in Ghosts (srs) gamertag is MegaRhin0
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log   Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 10:19 am

GFou wrote:
CoD sweaty checking in..I'll 1v1 you in Ghosts (srs) gamertag is MegaRhin0
Well, well, well...  Welcome back, Gregory.
Back to top Go down
MFGlenn
Class IV
Class IV

PostSubject: Re: Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log   Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 10:32 am

You on the XB1? Also, you compete or nah? Have I heard of you? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
SSchwartsenator
Admin
SSchwartsenator

PostSubject: Re: Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log   Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 12:06 pm

Can we please live stream this Gfou v MFGlenn 1v1?
Back to top Go down
MFGlenn
Class IV
Class IV

PostSubject: Re: Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log   Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 12:17 pm

I will gladly stream it if Sam will cast it.
Back to top Go down
GFou
Class II
Class II
GFou

PostSubject: Re: Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log   Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 12:27 pm

Nah I'm on 360...and no I'm not competitive. I do however only play eSports mode. I can't stand pub matches.
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log   Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 3:35 pm

Can we please not fire shots in the new guy's log, even if he plays CoD?
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log   Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 3:36 pm

COD4 best COD
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log   Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 3:44 pm

World at War is best CoD.
Back to top Go down
SSchwartsenator
Admin
SSchwartsenator

PostSubject: Re: Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log   Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 4:10 pm

Triple posting? Is this necessary? I'm deleting all of this shit. Talk about it in your own logs or on some off topic thread.

TL;DR shots fired, shots deleted, thread back on track to talking about CoD
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log   Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 4:18 pm

Nathan Poage wrote:
World at War is best CoD.

not other than zombies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log   Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Road to Not Weak: Matt's Training Log
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next