Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kyle's New Training Log

Go down 
+3
KevinAlvy
SSchwartsenator
Chris Anderson
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

Kyle's New Training Log - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle's New Training Log   Kyle's New Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 2:02 am

Paused Bench
315x7ish
315x7
315x4
225x22
225x23

OHP, two sets with 135

Rear Delt Flys

Notes: Got bro-spotted on the first set (admittedly I was going to miss the rep anyway) so I did it on my second set. So I've added a couple reps to my 315 top set from three weeks ago (315x5 to 315x7) and that's good. Tendonitis wasn't perfect but it was better than last week, and I start treatment on it on Monday.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: Kyle's New Training Log   Kyle's New Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 10:05 pm

Deadlift
605x3

Wrapped Squat
520x5

Notes: Fun day training at Magni with Chris, Ashley, and Casey. I pulled the deadlift set without my straps and it showed, as my grip wasn't locked in, but I'm not too stressed because I've never held anything remotely close to 605 for a triple before and I just know I need to be patient with it. Squats felt easy and honestly I should have gone up and done 540x4 like I had planned, but I was gassed at that point and just wanted to call the session. I really need to ramp intensity up into the 540-550 range for next session, but it'll get there.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: Kyle's New Training Log   Kyle's New Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 10:04 pm

Bench Press
225x28
225x20x2

Unwrapped Squat
440x10

Notes: Probably going to take frequency down to once a week moving forward. I've gained a lot of strength but I need to heal up more for the meet and it's not going to happen if I just continue keeping injuries at maintenance level. Three more squat and bench sessions and two more deadlift sessions to go until the meat.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: Kyle's New Training Log   Kyle's New Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 8:41 pm

Reverse-Band Deadlift
720x2

Notes: Felt meh today on deadlift but put up the target number, so that was good. Bar speed wasn't super but I kept position well and the lockouts were smooth. Tore my callus on 675; otherwise I would have tried it with my hands, but I opted for straps instead.

Just going to rest up for my heaviest single now. That'll be next Saturday or Sunday. At 720x2 I'm guessing that single will end up being 750-770, depending upon how I feel. I finished RUM prep with a 700-pound single so I'll basically just end up adding whatever I finish with to that number and voila, I'll have an idea of what I'm capable of at this meet.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: Kyle's New Training Log   Kyle's New Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 6:42 pm

Wrapped Squat
550x3
Unwrapped
325x8x3

Notes: Felt really tired going into today's session and my top set was set for 550. Ended up doing a triple, which was the goal. Third rep was tough but I'm pretty limited on volume right now so exertion has to be a bit higher to compensate. Ankle now feels pretty good and I'm otherwise healthy for squatting, so that's better. 550 is a big PR done for a set of three, and that's about where I'll open at for the meet.
Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: Kyle's New Training Log   Kyle's New Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 6:17 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kyle's New Training Log   Kyle's New Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kyle's New Training Log
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7