Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!)

Go down 
+3
Sean the Ogre
Nathan Poage
Keosawa
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!) Empty
PostSubject: Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!)   Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:26 pm

Hi everyone,

As you know, our roster has ballooned over the past few days, and we're getting more interest than I anticipated. Having just one training session on Sunday probably isn't feasible, since we currently have 29 members on OrgSync and I expect more. We could possibly end up with 40+ members by next Sunday.

I don't care how big the rec building is; 40 members isn't going to work out well. My suggestion would be to split our Sunday session into two parts, an AM and a PM session. Here's what I'd like to have done in this discussion:

1. Let's come to a consensus on how we should split this session. I'd like to hear suggestions, if possible. I like the idea of a 10-12 session and a 4-6 session, but we might want to think about doing a potential third session. We could also split by training facility (CRWC/Rec Building), if people like that idea. Anyway, make proposals.

2. Once we have an idea of our session split, I'd like to get people to sign up for one session or another, just so that the sessions have a (roughly) even number of participants. Also, in order for the club to have veteran representation at all sessions, I'd like to see our returning members try to split in half as evenly as possible. Janis and I will be willing to train at whatever time isn't convenient for the rest of you.

Oh, and I'd like to have serious progress made on this by Wednesday. By the very least, I'd like to have a plan set in place for our Sunday schedule.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!)   Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:32 pm

I'll more often than not be working at the CRWC early to late afternoon so I'll probably just train there in the evenings.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.com
Sean the Ogre
Class IV
Class IV

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!)   Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:57 pm

Jason, Mike and I (all newbies to the club) have been lifting at 8:30-10:30am on Sat and Sun at the Rec Center for a while now
Back to top Go down
GFou
Class II
Class II
GFou

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!)   Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:58 pm

I can go at either time and at either facility...let me know where you need me.
Back to top Go down
tank

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!)   Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 10:03 pm

so this sunday (9/16) is the first weightlifting session? and where do i signup for the time slots?
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!)   Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 10:09 pm

GFou wrote:
let me know where you need me.
Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!) PXHWe
We'll be in touch.
Back to top Go down
AlexHugi
Class IV
Class IV
AlexHugi

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!)   Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 11:09 pm

10-12 sunday at the rec would work well as i live on the west side of campus. I work some weekends in the evening so if anyone wants to join me please come. I wouldn't mind having some good spotters around!
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!)   Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 11:38 pm

tank wrote:
so this sunday (9/16) is the first weightlifting session? and where do i signup for the time slots?

Yep. We need to come to a decision on time-slots first; once we have that, we'll do a sign-up. So far, it sounds like 10-12 and 4-6 works for people, but I'll let more file in tomorrow and give their two cents.
Back to top Go down
Seth
Class I
Class I

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!)   Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 12:24 am

I'd do 4-6 at the rec building on Sundays. I work until 4 but I can get straight there afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!)   Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 3:18 pm

Sean the Ogre wrote:
Jason, Mike and I (all newbies to the club) have been lifting at 8:30-10:30am on Sat and Sun at the Rec Center for a while now
You guys said there was a sled there, right? I might stop by for some morning HIIT on Sundays.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!)   Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 4:00 pm

I'll try to check out the rec building Friday and I'll let you know what I decide. Hillcrest is about equidistant from either facility; I could even make the rec building part of my regular routine.

EDIT: If it works out, I think it would be a good idea to try to split up the members who have more experience, so that if some of the newer members have questions, there will definitely be somebody (or hopefully multiple somebodies) who can help out. Also, it would help get everybody acquainted with one another.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!)   Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 8:38 am

Chris Anderson wrote:

EDIT: If it works out, I think it would be a good idea to try to split up the members who have more experience, so that if some of the newer members have questions, there will definitely be somebody (or hopefully multiple somebodies) who can help out. Also, it would help get everybody acquainted with one another.

I agree--that's a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!)   Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunday Training Sessions (read and comment!)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: