Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I'm purchasing knee wraps

Go down 
+2
Nathan Poage
KevinAlvy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

I'm purchasing knee wraps  Empty
PostSubject: I'm purchasing knee wraps    I'm purchasing knee wraps  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 12:09 pm

Which ones do you recommend???
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: I'm purchasing knee wraps    I'm purchasing knee wraps  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 12:39 pm

I'm purchasing knee wraps  NfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.com
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: I'm purchasing knee wraps    I'm purchasing knee wraps  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 12:58 pm

Wearing knee wraps = letting the terrorists win.

Gregory was the op
Back to top Go down
GFou
Class II
Class II
GFou

PostSubject: Re: I'm purchasing knee wraps    I'm purchasing knee wraps  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 1:02 pm

KevinAlvy wrote:
Which ones do you recommend???

squat like a real man...
Back to top Go down
GFou
Class II
Class II
GFou

PostSubject: Re: I'm purchasing knee wraps    I'm purchasing knee wraps  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 12:30 pm

but in all seriousness, I actually want to buy some knee wraps. What knee wraps do you recommend?
Back to top Go down
Seth
Class I
Class I

PostSubject: Re: I'm purchasing knee wraps    I'm purchasing knee wraps  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 1:18 pm

GFou wrote:
but in all seriousness, I actually want to buy some knee wraps. What knee wraps do you recommend?

I second this, I may consider buying some before the April meet.. I don't want any that will choke my legs off, at least for a first set.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: I'm purchasing knee wraps    I'm purchasing knee wraps  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 3:38 pm

I've used the Inzer power stripes, the Iron-Zs, and now the Convicts. The power stripes are like tight ace bandages and won't give you much; they're about as mild as you can get. The Iron-Zs are a step up but not a stiff wrap. Still, I was able to get a lot out of them by cranking them really tight. If you squat in them a lot, they will eat your knees alive, because the material isn't fantastic. Now I have APT Convicts and I like them, though I don't find them to be super stiff. Chris bought a pair from EliteFTS that seems to be made from the same material, only his are a little stiffer (could just be because I've worked mine in now).

Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: I'm purchasing knee wraps    I'm purchasing knee wraps  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 3:45 pm

I've used Iron-Z's and now my EFS Heavy knee wraps. I liked the Iron-Z's, and I think they are an excellent first pair. I got mine used and I still was able to get a decent amount out of them. They're a very popular wrap.

I've only squatted once with the EFS Heavy wraps, but are certainly stiffer than the Iron-Z's ever were. I'll be able to give a more accurate opinion once I've used them more.

A word to the wise: don't buy directly from Inzer, unless you feel like waiting about three months to get your order, and like to deal with terrible customer service.
Back to top Go down
GFou
Class II
Class II
GFou

PostSubject: Re: I'm purchasing knee wraps    I'm purchasing knee wraps  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 11:42 pm

Thanks for the advice...

I think I'm gonna hold out on the knee wraps for this October meet but I'll consider getting the Iron-Z's, they seem like a good beginning pair of wraps
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: I'm purchasing knee wraps    I'm purchasing knee wraps  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 11:45 pm

Like I said, you can try out my old Iron-Z's for a squat session or two as a bit of a trial run.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: I'm purchasing knee wraps    I'm purchasing knee wraps  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 9:21 am

Chris Anderson wrote:
Like I said, you can try out my old Iron-Z's for a squat session or two as a bit of a trial run.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Seth
Class I
Class I

PostSubject: Re: I'm purchasing knee wraps    I'm purchasing knee wraps  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 1:08 am

How long do you guys recommend for knee wraps?
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: I'm purchasing knee wraps    I'm purchasing knee wraps  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 1:20 am

Seth wrote:

How long should your knee wraps be, or how long until you buy knee wraps?

The answer for both is two.
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: I'm purchasing knee wraps    I'm purchasing knee wraps  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 1:24 am

KKeough wrote:
Seth wrote:

The answer for both is 42.
Fixed
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.com
Seth
Class I
Class I

PostSubject: Re: I'm purchasing knee wraps    I'm purchasing knee wraps  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 2:05 am

KKeough wrote:
Seth wrote:

How long in length. I know you said about a double bodyweight squat which I am approaching. I'm probably going to pick some up for the April meet.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: I'm purchasing knee wraps    I'm purchasing knee wraps  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 9:32 am

Seth wrote:
KKeough wrote:
Seth wrote:

How long in length. I know you said about a double bodyweight squat which I am approaching. I'm probably going to pick some up for the April meet.

Yep. Twice bodyweight, two meters in length. NASA says you can't have knee wraps longer than two meters anyway, so we're sort of limited there.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: I'm purchasing knee wraps    I'm purchasing knee wraps  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 1:41 pm

Two meters. That's a pretty standard length and it's the maximum allowed by NASA. Truth be told, I don't think you can get anything shorter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm purchasing knee wraps    I'm purchasing knee wraps  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm purchasing knee wraps
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting :: General :: General Discussion :: Powerlifting Discussion-
Jump to: