Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Seth's Training Log

Go down 
+10
babyeater
Monty Python
Quadfather
Logan Joseph
GFou
Chris Anderson
Keosawa
KevinAlvy
Seth
Nathan Poage
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35
AuthorMessage
Quadfather
Class I
Class I
Quadfather

Seth's Training Log - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seth's Training Log   Seth's Training Log - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 10:55 pm

Both have their perks and their consequences. Think it over and you will make a good decision.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Seth's Training Log   Seth's Training Log - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 11:22 pm

Take your time with the wrap and you can crank it on just about as tight as anybody else. I've had my knees wrapped a few times by somebody else and I just prefer doing it my way--I am very familiar with how it feels as I have been doing it the same way for years.
Back to top Go down
Seth
Class I
Class I

PostSubject: Re: Seth's Training Log   Seth's Training Log - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 12:33 am

Thanks for the tips guys

7/9

bench press
285x1x3

Assistance work

Notes: Trained in the morning so had to lift off myself. Reps felt fine, not the same as having a lift off as it always pulls me out of position lifting off myself. One thing to be conscious of is that if I am not conscious of it I sometimes let the bar sink a little after my pause. I don't think I would get red lighted for it at the meet, but I don't want to risk it. Need to be strict there.

7/10

mobility work

deadlift
warmups
480x1
510x1

assistance work

Notes: Pulling went well. Speed on both singles was great. The 510 single was a tad sloppy as I let the bar drift away from me on my right side and had to slow down to pull it back in when I got above my knees. Either way, I'm very happy with how these moved and felt.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Seth's Training Log   Seth's Training Log - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 11:49 am

Looking to hit 303+?
Back to top Go down
Seth
Class I
Class I

PostSubject: Re: Seth's Training Log   Seth's Training Log - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 6:20 pm

I doubt it, hoping to hit 298.
Back to top Go down
Seth
Class I
Class I

PostSubject: Re: Seth's Training Log   Seth's Training Log - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 7:06 pm

7/12

mobility work

squat
315x2x3

bench press
225x2x3

leg curls
1x30

Notes: Last session before the meet.
Back to top Go down
Seth
Class I
Class I

PostSubject: Re: Seth's Training Log   Seth's Training Log - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 7:18 pm

Plan for this meet:

squat 386-424-440
Will be my first meet wrapping my knees. I feel good about these attempts, hit a 425 last week and felt like I had more. 440 would put me in good shape for the rest of this meet.

bench press 265-286-292/298
Once again, I am confident here. Hit 3 singles at 285 last week that moved pretty well. Would really like to go for 298 on a third, but if 286 is rough I will take it down to 292. All depends on feel and how the meet is going so far.

Deadlift 480-518-540
Pretty excited to pull here. Deadlifts have been moving well in training and I really want to hit a nice PR. Deadlift is always subject to changed based on how the meet has gone to this point and where my subtotal is.

Total: If I went 9 for 9 with these attempts, which I think is absolutely attainable, I would be at 1278. This would make me very happy. In all reality, anything over 1250 would be satisfying for me. I have put together a good cycle, not missing any reps for 15 weeks, so I feel very good coming into this meet. We will let the bar do the talking and see how effective my training really was.

My weight is in a good spot right now. For the last couple months, I have been waking up between 203-206 pretty consistently. This morning I was at 203.2 on my scale. I am planning on starting my water load tomorrow and taking out carbs altogether on Thursday with a fast starting Friday. This should take care of the last few pounds that need to come off. I am planning on doing some stretching and mobility work every day this week.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: Seth's Training Log   Seth's Training Log - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 10:02 pm

Excited to get to see you compete in person again, man. You'll do well.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
Seth
Class I
Class I

PostSubject: Re: Seth's Training Log   Seth's Training Log - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 10:56 pm

Thank you sir. Are you guys going to be down there Sunday then?
Back to top Go down
Andy Awad
Class I
Class I

PostSubject: Re: Seth's Training Log   Seth's Training Log - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 4:46 am

Looks like you have set yourself up for a great met man. Your planned attempts seem absolutely stainable. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Seth
Class I
Class I

PostSubject: Re: Seth's Training Log   Seth's Training Log - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 9:34 pm

So there"s my meet vid, sorry if its not the best quality.

I'm going to try to keep this write up as brief as possible.

Squat:  Went very well.  Smoked 386.  424 was my planned next attempt, went with it and it felt okay. It pulled me forward a bit but I stuck with it and finished the lift.  Went 446 which was 6 lbs more than my planned third.  I thought this felt and looked better than 425, and honestly may have left some lbs on the platform here.  Big thanks to Brian Collins for wrapping my knees and helping me out on the platform.

Bench:  Once again, smoked my opener.  My foot slipped a bit but it stayed on the ground so I got he lift.  286 for my second attempt.  Pressed it and locked it out, but my bar path was not on and I was not stable so my elbows came unlocked for a brief second.  Had to take 286 for a third attempt and this was a do or die.  If I missed my meet would be ruined.  Kyle helped me make some adjustments between attempts, mainly kicking my grip out and pressing back towards my head more, and I came back and got my third attempt.  Big thanks to Kyle for lifting off and coaching me through bench.

Deadlift:  Went about as well as I could have asked.  480 was cake.  Went 518 and it moved alright.  This put me at a 1250 total which was my main goal.  1250 plus and I would be happy.  Went 529.something for my third as I knew it would tack a few more lbs onto my total.  I honestly feel like I could have gone 540+, but I was more concerned about finishing up a great day with a good lift.  I was pretty beat at this point.  Big thanks to Chris for coaching me through deadlifts.

All in all, this added up to a 1262 total which is something like a 44 lb total PR along with 3 meet PRs.  I had an awesome time and will absolutely be back competing in the UPA.  I have no meets in sight and will most likely not compete for another 9-12 months, as I want to really be able to focus on building my lifts up before I compete again.

Thank you to everyone that came to support, coach, and compete as well.  As I mentioned I had a great time, this was a totally different environment than any I've ever competed in and it was a very positive experience.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Seth's Training Log   Seth's Training Log - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 10:38 pm

Damn, so all the bench PRs that came after the seminar do us not a lot of good at the meet, but I guess people are getting help from my deadlift coaching...any way I can help, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: Seth's Training Log   Seth's Training Log - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 10:45 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seth's Training Log   Seth's Training Log - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seth's Training Log
Page 35 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35