Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Breaking in a new belt?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zchaib
Class II
Class II

Breaking in a new belt? Empty
PostSubject: Breaking in a new belt?   Breaking in a new belt? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 5:39 pm

Does anyone have experience breaking in a new belt? I just got a 10mm, so theres really not much to break in, but I was just wondering if there was anything I should do besides just training with it. Any input would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: Breaking in a new belt?   Breaking in a new belt? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 1:39 pm

I've always just trained in it to break it in. It sucks for the first couple of months though.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
Seth
Class I
Class I

PostSubject: Re: Breaking in a new belt?   Breaking in a new belt? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:46 pm

I got my belt a little less than a year ago and it is just starting to get broke in. Takes a longggg time. Yours may take less time since its a 10 mm.
Back to top Go down
Quadfather
Class I
Class I
Quadfather

PostSubject: Re: Breaking in a new belt?   Breaking in a new belt? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:09 pm

This guy talks about breaking in his inzer belt around 4:30. Mostly what Kyle and Seth said but he was recommended to coil/roll it one way then coil/roll it the other way:

Back to top Go down
zchaib
Class II
Class II

PostSubject: Re: Breaking in a new belt?   Breaking in a new belt? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 7:17 pm

Alright, thanks guys I'll try a combo of all those. I spent about 10 minutes rolling it up just now and my forearms are on fire.

This is a stupid question, but as for training with it, should I continue to wear it ONLY on heavy sets for squat/DL, or should I wear it throughout the entire training session?
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: Breaking in a new belt?   Breaking in a new belt? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 8:21 pm

Do what you want, Zack, but you'll probably break it in faster if you wear it more often. I personally don't see any issue with belting up early in a training session. If you want to get something out of your belt, you might as well practice with it.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking in a new belt?   Breaking in a new belt? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breaking in a new belt?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting :: General :: General Discussion :: Powerlifting Discussion-
Jump to: