Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Intramural Bench Press and Iowa Powerlifting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

Intramural Bench Press and Iowa Powerlifting Empty
PostSubject: Intramural Bench Press and Iowa Powerlifting   Intramural Bench Press and Iowa Powerlifting Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 3:47 pm

Hi everyone,

Last year, we talked about cooperating with intramurals to help them run their yearly intramural bench press event. This is a small, poorly run event with little backing behind it, and stepping in to offer assistance by co-running it would not only help intramurals--since they really have no concept of how to run a meet of any type--but would also give us a project to work on and give our club greater visibility.

I'm looking for a person--or a couple of person(s)--to volunteer to spearhead this project. I can help by offering assistance in whatever capacity you need, but it would be your project to work on, assuming intramurals is OK with the idea.

So, mull it over, and we'll talk about this further on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
Seth
Class I
Class I

PostSubject: Re: Intramural Bench Press and Iowa Powerlifting   Intramural Bench Press and Iowa Powerlifting Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 4:13 pm

Would this be part of being elected one of the positions like the marketing and advertising one we will most likely be electing? Also, I'm assuming our meeting is at 7 sunday but what room is it in?
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: Intramural Bench Press and Iowa Powerlifting   Intramural Bench Press and Iowa Powerlifting Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:18 pm

Seth wrote:
Would this be part of being elected one of the positions like the marketing and advertising one we will most likely be electing? Also, I'm assuming our meeting is at 7 sunday but what room is it in?

To clarify, we WILL be electing four positions at Sunday's meeting: President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.

We will also be looking for other, supplemental positions to be taken, one of which would be as "meet director" for this potential meet. If there is more than one person interested in taking this job on, there can be co-directors, since it's a big job. If there's a lot of interest, we'll even hold elections for it. But because it isn't an official officer's position--and because the interest in taking it on might not be too high--there's no reason to have an election unless it's necessary.

Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Intramural Bench Press and Iowa Powerlifting   Intramural Bench Press and Iowa Powerlifting Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 3:10 pm

I could probably do this. I worked as an intramural referee last year so I already know several of the people who run some of these events. My only question is when is this? If it's in the spring I obviously can't do a whole lot, as I will not be here.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: Intramural Bench Press and Iowa Powerlifting   Intramural Bench Press and Iowa Powerlifting Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 3:19 pm

Chris Anderson wrote:
I could probably do this. I worked as an intramural referee last year so I already know several of the people who run some of these events. My only question is when is this? If it's in the spring I obviously can't do a whole lot, as I will not be here.

In the spring, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Intramural Bench Press and Iowa Powerlifting   Intramural Bench Press and Iowa Powerlifting Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 3:34 pm

Nevermind, then. It would be a good idea to contact them sooner rather than later, however, so if we have two people on it, I could be one of them.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: Intramural Bench Press and Iowa Powerlifting   Intramural Bench Press and Iowa Powerlifting Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:20 pm

As per last night's meeting, Seth and Nate have volunteered to take the lead on this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intramural Bench Press and Iowa Powerlifting   Intramural Bench Press and Iowa Powerlifting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intramural Bench Press and Iowa Powerlifting
Page 1 of 1