Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chris Anderson's Training Log

Go down 
+9
babyeater
Monty Python
DieselWeasel
Seth
Keosawa
Nathan Poage
KevinAlvy
GFou
Chris Anderson
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 6:22 pm

27 dollhairs
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.com
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 6:24 pm

They should just let me come in for free. I'm pretty much the reason that place exists.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 1:15 am

So I have settled on using The Juggernaut Method as the base of my program. This gives me a wave periodization model in a linear pattern for the four main lifts. For those of you unaware of TJM, it is rather similar to 5/3/1, in that it revolves around establishing and improving rep records with submaximal weight. The ebook is in the team dropbox, and I am working on finding an excel spreadsheet for the program.

I will be adding in extra days for each lift, which are going to consist of of simple flat rep/set days, which will almost always be 6x2. Deadlift and press will be getting one extra day each, and squat and bench will be getting two extra days each. I will mainly be using variations (fat gripz, pause squats, deficit pulls, etc) for these days, but they may be competition form. These days will help give me a lot of flexibility in my programming; I can use them as heavy days early on during the volume phase, and later use them as a lighter day when things get heavy.

Assistance and accessory work will be the usual stuff. Nothing fancy here. Pulling, pressing, and small muscle groups.

I'm enrolled in a "military fitness" class (it's the PT program for ROTC faggotrons) which is MWF mornings. This shouldn't interfere with my progress, and should help me keep coming down to 181. I've been waking up below 190 pretty consistently lately, which is good--I had balooned back up near 200.

August 13th is my patching ceremony, so I will find out my drill dates and I will find out what meet I will be able to compete at. Hopefully the UPA meet remains open for me.

I will resume lifting at the CRWC come Wednesday. I move in Monday--anybody willing/able to help move my crap will be greatly appreciated. If it works out with everybody's diet (looking at you, Kyle and Janis), I'd like to get a team cheat day going at The Vine or somewhere similar sometime next week. Suggestions are welcome, but there has to be onion rings or Janis won't come, and Janis has to come or Kyle won't come.
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 11:22 am

KKeough wrote:
Not sure about the jump shrug thing, but I'm glad you're back to training. Once you get back to Iowa City, the team will light a fire under your ass.
I am sure about the jump shrug thing, sure it's a turrrible motor pattern to learn. OP is going to look like a crossfitter.

there has to be onion rings or Janis won't come, and Janis has to come or Kyle won't come. wrote:
50cent.gif

I'm enrolled in a "military fitness" class (it's the PT program for ROTC faggotrons) which is MWF mornings. This shouldn't interfere with my progress, wrote:
This will consist of naught but running and circuits. I've seen them come into the CRWC before 50cent.gif again
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 12:11 pm

Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 50-cent-seal-of-approval-o

He meant this one.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 12:23 pm

KKeough wrote:
Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 50-cent-seal-of-approval-o

He meant this one.

Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 22c
Back to top Go down
Quadfather
Class I
Class I
Quadfather

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 4:27 pm

isn't the vine under construction => it's closed??
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 5:06 pm

Coralville Vine, yo
Back to top Go down
babyeater
Class II
Class II
babyeater

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 12:12 am

I'm so fat it would be a minor miracle if I could make 114 at this point. So, um, I'm not allowed to eat good food anymore. But I will come with and drink Holy Diet Coke and Kyle and eat whatever he wants and all will be well.

I'm not kidding--I'm happy to come and hang out. I'm also fat as sh*t and ain't nobody got time for a fat 114-er.
Back to top Go down
http://www.babyeaterlifts.wordpress.com
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 2:13 am

Nathan Poage wrote:

I am sure about the jump shrug thing, sure it's a turrrible motor pattern to learn.  OP is going to look like a crossfitter.

50cent.gif

This will consist of naught but running and circuits.  I've seen them come into the CRWC before  50cent.gif again

Well, by jump shrug, I kind of meant just cheat shrugs. Which is what I usually did, anyway. These would just be a little bit lighter.

Running and circuits are pretty much all I need to help lose fat without impacting my recovery.

Anyway, Tuesday or Wednesday would likely be best--my girlfriend is helping me move in, and she will be staying until sometime Wednesday, presumably leaving somewhere around the early afternoon or so. It will take me all day Monday to get settled in, even with her help, and I also need to check out the local consignment shops to find a coffee table/whatever other things I will end up forgetting to bring with me.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 6:24 pm

8/7-

Squat- 380x3 (~8.5-9 RPE)
Pullups
Calves
Shoulder external rotation work

Notes: My return to the CRWC went well. Squats were all unwrapped. I'm taking these four days to find approximate 3RM's to estimate a training max for Ukkgernaut. I grossly misspelled that but it looks cool so I am keeping it. I start my actual training cycle Sunday. I will bench tomorrow, deadlift Friday, and press Saturday, most likely.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:10 pm

A little late on this, but oh well. Just a day late.

8/8-

Bench- 255x2
Fat gripz curlz
DB rows
Neck work

Notes: Wanted a triple, but I couldn't stay in my groove quite that well and the second rep ended up being fairly ugly, so I racked it. This puts me around a 270 max, which isn't bad, and the strength is there; I just need to get my motor patterns back, which should be quick, considering the amount of benching I will be doing.

8/9-

Press- 165x3
DB curl and press
Pullups

Notes: Pretty happy about this. It went up pretty smooth and I probably left a rep or two/5-10lb in the tank. This puts me at about a 180 max.

Tomorrow is deadlift day. I will shoot for something that gives me at least a 500 projected max--around 520 is the goal, as I'm been experiencing about a 10% loss across the board. After that, I start The Juggernaut Method on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
David Petersen
Class II
Class II
David Petersen

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:14 pm

Chris Anderson wrote:
After that, I start The Juggernaut Method on Sunday.
Is this The Cube Method, or something different?
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:22 pm

It's The Juggernaut Method, by Chad Wesley Smith. It borrows a lot of elements from 5/3/1- it's wave periodization in a linear pattern that emphasizes going after rep records and starting out light.

The e-books are in the team dropbox folder, if you are interested.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 11:44 pm

Juggs is hosted on the same site that hosts Cube. Brandon Lilly and CWS are both a part of Team Juggernaut.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 11:48 pm

lettuce be cereal, the cube method looks awful.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 8:38 pm

8/10-

Deadlift: lolwtf

Notes: whole lot of nope goin on in here
Back to top Go down
Quadfather
Class I
Class I
Quadfather

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 9:27 pm

Chris Anderson wrote:
lettuce be cereal, the cube method looks awful.
sumo and the cube method...
Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Tumblr_mgjneoAEVg1r0u392o1_500
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 9:30 pm

Sumo should be banned. Also, speaking of sumo, I am thinking my glute problem may be more neural than I thought.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 2:14 pm

I start TJM today. My training maxes will be as follows:

Bench: 260
Squat: 405
Press: 170
Deadlift: 475

Yes, my deadlift is awful right now. It will come back quick. Everything else isn't bad; all these training maxes are a little bit below what my 3RM's calculated out to. TJM allows for adjustment of the training max after each the third week of each phase, so I'm expecting everything to go up fairly quick.

Today will be TJM bench, with some moderate pressing as well. I plan on doing some weighted dips and rowing as assistance work. Hopefully I remember how to make Poage's dip belt thingy .
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 5:29 pm

You can actually rent a dip belt from the back desk now.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 5:30 pm

Nathan Poage wrote:
aintnobodygottimeforthat.jpg
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 6:58 pm

Nathan Poage wrote:
I just used my belt and one of those strap thingys that people use for hanging leg raises and other worthless crap.

8/11-

Bench- 4x10, 1x15@160
Fat gripz press- 6x2
Rows- 5x10
Weighted dips- 5x5

Notes: First day of TJM. I'm scared to squat and pull later this week.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 7:47 pm

8/12-

Pause squats- 6x2@275
Deficit pulls- 6x2@315
Neck work

Notes: Felt pretty good. All beltless. Was going to do calf work but I wasn't about to wait for the leg press. My patching ceremony is tomorrow, so I will find out when my drill dates are and if I'm able to compete in November.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 7:29 pm

8/14-

Press- 4x10, 1x15@105
Fat gripz bench- 2x2@210
Neck work
Curlz

Notes: I'm going to begin putting in some heavier curlz into my training. My biceps have always been doyouevenlift status, and I'm hoping a bit more strength and size can not only improve my aesthetes, but help out my rows and pullups, which will in turn help my pressing. Stronger biceps in of themselves can also provide more stability during my bench. Also, I just want gorilla arms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris Anderson's Training Log
Page 20 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 28  Next