Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Friday University Vehicle Driver

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KPKeough

Friday University Vehicle Driver Empty
PostSubject: Friday University Vehicle Driver   Friday University Vehicle Driver Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 7:14 pm

Anyone without transportation care to volunteer to drive a university vehicle for us? I would prefer not to, since Janis and I will be staying at the same place and it'd be ideal for us to just go together.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Friday University Vehicle Driver   Friday University Vehicle Driver Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 7:19 pm

Is the driver required to get certified, especially with an in-state license? What does the certification require?
Back to top Go down
babyeater
Class II
Class II
babyeater

PostSubject: Re: Friday University Vehicle Driver   Friday University Vehicle Driver Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:12 pm

The certification is a one-day thing involving taking a driving test. I don't know if in-state drivers need to be certified; I'll contact Ray Beemer and ask. My guess is no, unless they're operating a larger vehicle.

(Also, this is Kyle, accidentally posting under Janis's name).
Back to top Go down
http://www.babyeaterlifts.wordpress.com
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Friday University Vehicle Driver   Friday University Vehicle Driver Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 7:45 pm

I'll do it if I don't have to take a driving test.
Back to top Go down
KPKeough

PostSubject: Re: Friday University Vehicle Driver   Friday University Vehicle Driver Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 12:59 pm

You'll likely have to take a driving test, it seems. I'm trying to get more information on this process now. The driving test is, from what I've gathered, like a DMV road test.

And I'm really going to put my foot down on this one and ask that someone here steps up. If you don't have a car and you need transportation, consider volunteering, ESPECIALLY if you're an in-state driver, because out-of-state drivers are going to have to pay a fee.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Friday University Vehicle Driver   Friday University Vehicle Driver Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:38 pm

I can do it. Just give me whatever information is needed.
Back to top Go down
babyeater
Class II
Class II
babyeater

PostSubject: Re: Friday University Vehicle Driver   Friday University Vehicle Driver Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:55 pm

Thank you so, so much Chris. You have some paperwork you'll be filling out/signing along with a few other considerations. Kyle will be contacting you about this soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.babyeaterlifts.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friday University Vehicle Driver   Friday University Vehicle Driver Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friday University Vehicle Driver
Page 1 of 1