Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Student Org Fair

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

Student Org Fair Empty
PostSubject: Student Org Fair   Student Org Fair Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 8:45 am

Hi all,

Just so you know, the student organization fair is Wednesday, August 22nd at Hubbard Park, and we're scheduled to have a table from 11-3. On that day, I teach from 10:30-11:20, but I'd be happy to man the booth from 11:30-12:30 and 2:00-3:00.

If possible, I'd like to see if we can all suffer there for at least, say, an hour. I can't get there to sign us in and set our table up, so I'd need someone else to do this. You can check in between 10:15 and 11 am, but you'd need to get there by 11 am; otherwise, they *could* give our table away. We also need to have someone at this table at all times; if not, we're threatened with a small fine.

So, I'm looking for volunteers. If you've got some time, let me know when you could drop by. Even if it's only for a short while, it helps. A few extra thoughts on this:

Whoever goes to set up will have to coordinate with me about what our table should look like. If you guys have suggestions, I'm welcome to them. My thinking was that we might do a poster with some meet pictures on it, make a very simple handout (hopefully with a date, time, and location for our first meeting), bring a board, some bands, some chains, a belt, and whatever other powerlifting-related stuff we've got, wear our t-shirts, and make a sheet to take down names and email addresses.

I'm open to other ideas and/or suggestions. Also, if someone wants to volunteer to handle something on this list--or bring something I hadn't thought of--let me know. I can coordinate so that everything's in one location for the person setting up at 11.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

Student Org Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Org Fair   Student Org Fair Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:17 am

My first class that day is done at 11:20, then I have class at 12:30. I could come by then, or after 1:20 when my second class is done, as my last class doesn't start until 3:30.

So:
11:30-ish to 12:15 ish
and/or
1:30-ish to the end of the fair

I think we should definitely bring some of the awards that we've won, including the team trophy and a few of the various individual awards we've won. I don't have any here but I know some of you guys that live in the area should still have some of yours.
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

Student Org Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Org Fair   Student Org Fair Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:56 am

I'd only be able to be there from from 11:30-1:00.

Quote :
We also need to have someone at this table at all times; if not, we're threatened with a small fine.
Their idle threats don't scare me.

I have that big ass trophy I shamelessly took and a couple tubs of jack3d to bribe people with if we want to use those for the display.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.com
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

Student Org Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Org Fair   Student Org Fair Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:58 am

Nathan Poage wrote:
I'd only be able to be there from from 11:30-1:00.

Quote :
We also need to have someone at this table at all times; if not, we're threatened with a small fine.
Their idle threats don't scare me.

I have that big ass trophy I shamelessly took and a couple tubs of jack3d to bribe people with if we want to use those for the display.

Yeah, lets go ahead and show off our D-Bol while we're at it.
Back to top Go down
Seth
Class I
Class I

Student Org Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Org Fair   Student Org Fair Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:54 pm

Wednesdays are kind of weird for me where I have a couple breaks that are right over an hour. The only times I could make it would be 10:30-11:20 or 1:30-2:20. I don't mind either of these times as I will just be going to class before after and in between. Also, I have the team trophy from Grand Nationals still, so I could bring that to give to you anyways Kyle.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

Student Org Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Org Fair   Student Org Fair Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 8:03 pm

Seth Thompson wrote:
Wednesdays are kind of weird for me where I have a couple breaks that are right over an hour. The only times I could make it would be 10:30-11:20 or 1:30-2:20. I don't mind either of these times as I will just be going to class before after and in between. Also, I have the team trophy from Grand Nationals still, so I could bring that to give to you anyways Kyle.

Having someone who can get there at 10:30, sign in, and get our table started would be great. Bringing the trophy from July would also work well for us. Would you be willing to go from 10:30-11:20, Seth? If possible, I'd like to see if we can get someone else to be there from 11-11:30ish, since it'll probably be until 11:30 before I'm there.
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

Student Org Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Org Fair   Student Org Fair Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 8:17 pm

I lied and actually work or have class from 9:30 until 2:00.
Back to top Go down
Seth
Class I
Class I

Student Org Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Org Fair   Student Org Fair Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:11 pm

I'm out of class by 10:20 so I could probably do that. You will just have to let me know what all needs to be done. Any idea when our first meeting will be?
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

Student Org Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Org Fair   Student Org Fair Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 2:42 pm

Seth Thompson wrote:
I'm out of class by 10:20 so I could probably do that. You will just have to let me know what all needs to be done. Any idea when our first meeting will be?

Our first informal meeting will be next weekend--I need some suggestions on date/time.

Our first "official" meeting will be soon after that. I was thinking maybe Sunday, September 9th, assuming the IMU has open rooms available. I'll make a new thread about it.
Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

Student Org Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Org Fair   Student Org Fair Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 7:33 pm

I am off from 12:20 til the end of the day so I will be around
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

Student Org Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Org Fair   Student Org Fair Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 3:07 pm

How does this look so far?

Seth: 10:30-11:30
Janis: 11:00-12:00
Kyle: 11:30-1:00
Kevin: 12:45-2:00
Chris: 1:45-3:00
Nate: 2:15-3:00

This, I believe, should work for everyone's schedule, and it should ensure we have at least one person there at all times (with some overlap). Ideally, we'd have two people at the booth, but it's not necessary, and there certainly won't be much to do there.

- Seth, will you be able to bring the team trophy when you arrive? You don't have to check in right at 10:30--any time before 11 would be fine.

- Janis will bring fliers, a sign-up sheet, and a couple of other things when she gets there at around 11. I'll bring the rest of our stuff when I arrive. If you've got weightlifting-related stuff that you want to put out on display, go for it.

- I'll also be back at 3 to help break down the table (I doubt there will be much work involved in that) and grab my stuff.

Last edited by KKeough on Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nathan P

Student Org Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Org Fair   Student Org Fair Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 3:15 pm

I'm losing my mind and got my Wednesday and Monday schedules mixed up. On WEDNESDAY I can be there 11:30-1:00.
Back to top Go down
Seth
Class I
Class I

Student Org Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Org Fair   Student Org Fair Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 3:25 pm

My professor cancelled my lab Wednesday so I can be there until 1130 or noon. I will bring the team trophy.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

Student Org Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Org Fair   Student Org Fair Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Seth Thompson wrote:
My professor cancelled my lab Wednesday so I can be there until 1130 or noon. I will bring the team trophy.

I'll put you down for 11:30, or until I get there. Thanks, Seth.
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

Student Org Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Org Fair   Student Org Fair Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Just had a discussion get cancelled. I can be there to help set up now.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

Student Org Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Org Fair   Student Org Fair Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:48 pm

Nathan Poage wrote:
Just had a discussion get cancelled. I can be there to help set up now.

You're welcome to stop by whenever you want, as long as you can make it during the time I've got you slotted for. This goes for everyone: there's no limit to the amount of people we can have at our table at a given point in time (hypothetically), so feel free to stop by whenever you want.

Finally: if you can, wear your shirt tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Student Org Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Org Fair   Student Org Fair Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Student Org Fair
Page 1 of 1