Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Student Org Fair Info (August 28th)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

Student Org Fair Info (August 28th) Empty
PostSubject: Student Org Fair Info (August 28th)   Student Org Fair Info (August 28th) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 11:57 pm

UPDATED: WITH SCHEDULE OF VOLUNTEERS:

Chris Anderson: Setup - 12:00
Kyle Keough: Setup, 2-3
Nate Poage: 11:30-12:20
Chris Coffman: 12-1:30
David Peterson: 1-2
Janis Finkelman: 2-3
Grant Voshell: 2-3

Setup-11: Kyle Keough, Chris Anderson
11-11:30: Chris Anderson
11:30-12: Chris Anderson, Nate Poage
12-12:30: Nate Poage (12:20), Chris Coffman
12:30-1: Chris Coffman
1-1:30: Chris Coffman, David Peterson
1:30-2: David Peterson, Chris Anderson
2-2:30: Kyle Keough, Grant Voshell, Janis Finkelman
2:30-3: Kyle Keough, Grant Voshell, Janis Finkelman

Kyle Keough,

Thank you for registering University of Iowa Powerlifting for the Fall Student Organization Fair that is part of FAIR DAY, scheduled for Wednesday, August 28, 2013 from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM inside the Iowa Memorial Union.  If your organization no longer plans to participate, or cannot commit to having someone at the assigned table for the entire time, please contact the Center for Student Involvement & Leadership as soon as possible so that one of the 18 groups on our waiting list can have the opportunity to participate.

The Student Organization Fair is being held in conjunction with the Volunteer Fair and the Student Employment Fair = FAIR DAY.  Student organizations and the agencies participating in the V-Fair will be intermingled on the first floor of the IMU (Main Lounge, Hubbard Commons, Sun Porch, North Room, South Room, or East Lobby).  The Student Employment Fair participants will be in the Second Floor Ballroom.

This event provides the perfect opportunity to inform fellow students about your organization’s plans for the upcoming year as well as recruit new members.  Your organization’s table should showcase what your organization is all about so feel free to use a display board, photos, t-shirts, etc, but everything you bring must fit ON TOP OF THE TABLE.  There will not be extra room in front, beside, or behind your table for large equipment, displays, etc. so do not bring those items.  The theme of this day is very much like a carnival or state fair, so you are encouraged to get into the spirit of the day by adding your own personal touch to your table that relates to this theme.

You may hand out give-away items (candy, pens, magnets, etc.) at your table but PLEASE THINK “GREEN”!!  Individually wrapped pieces of candy create waste that isn’t biodegradable. Flyers usually get tossed into the nearest garbage can which is a waste of trees and money!  Instead, consider having a clipboard with a sign-up sheet where interested students can write down their email address.  Then, you can send an “Invitation to Join” your organization to everyone on the list through OrgSync!!    

Each organization will be provided with a table and two chairs; tables will be assigned and electricity will be provided per your request on a first-registered, first-served basis. You must bring your own power strip or extension cord if you requested electricity.  We will send your organization’s assigned table number on Tuesday, Aug. 27.  

By registering University of Iowa Powerlifting, you agreed to the following:
§  You or your designee must report to the Check-in Table which will be located in the Hubbard Commons of the IMU between 10:15 AM and 11:00 AM

§  If no one from your organization checks in by 11:00 AM, the table may be re-assigned to another group on our waiting list, and will be subject to a $50 “no-show” fine and will not be allowed to participate in the Spring Student Organization Fair

§  If you or your designee report to the Check-in Table after 11:00 AM, and if the table is still available, your organization will incur a $25 fine and will not be allowed to participate in the Spring Student Organization Fair.

§  Your organization must have a representative at its table for the duration of the event.

§  Failure to have a representative at the table throughout the Fair, or if they leave before 3:00 pm, the organization will incur a $25 fine and will not be allowed to participate in the Spring Student Organization Fair.

§  Remember - The sale of any items will NOT be permitted at the Student Organization Fair.

§  Your organization’s representatives will be good neighbors.  Any activity, personal items, and people will not encroach into the space next to theirs.

§  Your organization’s representatives will pick up and properly dispose of any garbage or recyclables found in the vicinity of their table during or at the end of the event

If you need to cancel your organization’s registration, you may do so by contacting the Center for Student Involvement & Leadership at getinvolved@uiowa.edu by 12:00 PM/Noon on Friday, August 23, 2013 in order to avoid the $50 “no-show” penalty.

If you have any questions about FAIR DAY/Student Organization Fair, please contact Kristi Finger or Eric Rossow in the Center for Student Involvement & Leadership at getinvolved@uiowa.edu or 319-335-3059.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at FAIR DAY!

Last edited by KKeough on Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

Student Org Fair Info (August 28th) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Org Fair Info (August 28th)   Student Org Fair Info (August 28th) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 12:02 am

I'm done with my second class of the day at 10:20, so I can be there to check in. I can't be there the entire time, though- I have class at 12:30 and again at 2:30, so I will come back in between those classes.

I will need the sword, however. I'll just carry it to class with me. That way, they know just how alpha I am.
Back to top Go down

Student Org Fair Info (August 28th)
Page 1 of 1