Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Notes from the Mandatory Student Org Meeting 9/12

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

Notes from the Mandatory Student Org Meeting 9/12 Empty
PostSubject: Notes from the Mandatory Student Org Meeting 9/12   Notes from the Mandatory Student Org Meeting 9/12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 3:16 pm

This will be a quick, general write-up. Not everything pertains to us, but I went ahead and took note anyway. Also, a lot of this stuff is old information. I will highlight some of the more important stuff at our next meeting as well.

>Students may not sign contracts with outside vendors on the behalf of the organization. I don't think this will be an issue, but in case we ever get a serious sponsorship, then it's worth noting.

>Organizations must receive approval for use of the tigerhawk logo, university name, etc. We already have approval for the logo on the shirts, so we should be okay. Approval usually takes about two weeks, so if we ever redesign anything, we should keep this in mind. There is a PDF manual explaining the authorized use of the logos on the Org Sync website, I believe.

>A few general notes on Org Sync:
It requires an annual update
You must have a hawkID to log on to Org Sync
Only club admins may update the Org Sync page

>All funding, and therefore funding requests, go through the Student Organization Business Office

>We may only have one account for the organization, which MUST be through the Business Office. Bank accounts are not allowed.

>Up to four members may be authorized on the organization account, and they must be students.

>Keeping track of our funds is mainly up to the organization itself. The Business Office does keep track of our funds, but because of delays in some of the transactions (such as if we made a purchase using a SOBO credit card), the balance could be off.

>Funding requests for any events or trips must be made at least three weeks prior to said event/trip. Funds for all other requests must be made at least two days prior.

>All printing and copying paid for through University funds must be done on campus. There are copy centers in the Pappajohn Business Building and Boyd Law Building, IIRC.

>Student funding does not roll over from year to year. This does not apply to any revenue from fundraisers or events.

>The printing department does make laminated posters, and does take online orders. I was thinking that if we could get a poster made, it could possibly go up in the CRWC.

>Organizations must use licensed vendors. I don't think we need to worry about this.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

Notes from the Mandatory Student Org Meeting 9/12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Notes from the Mandatory Student Org Meeting 9/12   Notes from the Mandatory Student Org Meeting 9/12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 8:03 pm

I just want to add that I received notice from Ray Beemer yesterday that our meet entry fee of $390 was paid for, so the budget from last year is basically used up now. We'll know after October 1st what we're getting for the upcoming year.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com

Notes from the Mandatory Student Org Meeting 9/12
Page 1 of 1