Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chris Anderson's Training Log

Go down 
+9
babyeater
Monty Python
DieselWeasel
Seth
Keosawa
Nathan Poage
KevinAlvy
GFou
Chris Anderson
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Just stack the black boxes like a Jenga game. A couple should do it; I doubt you jump *that* high.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.com
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 7:57 pm

Nathan Poage wrote:
Just stack the black boxes like a Jenga game. A couple should do it; I doubt you jump *that* high.

Fuark I was going to say jenga too. Are you a wizard?
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 8:12 pm

KevinAlvy wrote:
Nathan Poage wrote:

Fuark I was going to say jenga too. Are you a wizard?
Nah, I just saw some Cross Fagger doing it almost break his skull.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:46 am

Nathan Poage wrote:

I'm a better jumper than one would expect from a doughboy like me, but I was thinking of this idea as well.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 8:01 pm

8/17- deadlift #4

Box squat jumps- x10

Deadlift- 1x7, 1x8@370 (miscounted on the first set like a 'tard)
Pause squats- 3x5@225+chains (about 50lb at top)
Barbell rows- 3x5@210
Smith shrugs- 315x20, 365x10, 225x10

Notes: My grip was absolute shit today for deadlifts, which I think is what caused me to miscount on the first set. I wasn't focused enough. Squats felt great, and I always love the looks I get when I get the chains out. The smith machine here seems easier than the one at my home gym. On the last set I squeezed at the top for a few seconds on each rep.

And I used three blocks, FYI. I could probably do four, but not from a box.
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:01 pm

Your thugs will never respect you if you're using a smith machine for your shrugs. Why so many reps too?
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:07 pm

Nathan Poage wrote:
Your thugs will never respect you if you're using a smith machine for your shrugs. Why so many reps too?

The smith machine at my home gym is apparently rather different than the one at the CRWC, because the 315 was way easier than what I expected, so I'm like "fuck it". Then I added a bit of weight, then dropped down and focused on the squeeze. I just like a lot of volume for my traps.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:26 pm

So my left knee has been bothering the fuck out of me lately. It doesn't hurt while doing certain movements or anything, and I can squat and deadlift just fine, so I think it's just some inflammation. So, fish oil and more foam rolling for me. I strained the distal hamstrings tendon a couple years back, and this is right in the same area, so I think it might just be that tendon sprouting a vagina or something.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 4:20 pm

8/20- squat #5
Box squat jumps- x10
Squat- 2x5@330
Deficit deadlift- 3x5@335
GHR- 2x10+25lb 1x10+25lb

Notes: Squats felt easy. Tried a 25lb plate on GHR's for the first time, going to start using them for all sets.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:48 pm

8/22- bench #5

Bench- 2x5@195
WG bench with slingshot- 260x3
Press- 2x5, 1x3@155
Pullups- 11, 5, 3
Face pulls- 5x15

Notes: Bench felt a lot more solid today. Pausing felt pretty comfortable, I can tell I'm starting to acclimate to it now. Used a slingshot for the first time today. My shoulders were worn the fuck out by the time I got to the press, so I cut the third set short before I an hero'd myself.

Video to come later.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 4:42 pm

Finally here. I see a few things I need to work on, namely keeping my wrists straight and lowering my ROM (i.e. keeping my back tighter), but the bar speed felt and looked pretty good. I have no idea why the spotter didn't take the bar at the end, I specifically told him I was doing a triple. Fucking idiot.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 7:10 pm

8/24- Deadlift #5

Deadlift- 2x5@390
Keough box squats- 355x3
Barbell rows - 5x3@215
GHR- 3x10+25lb
Cable ab pulldowns- 2x10@stack
Rack pulls- 1x5@225+bands, 1x2@315+bands (~250lb at top)

Notes: Pretty sure today set the record for the amount of doyouevenlift'ers in the gym today. Whole lot of fail goin on.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:54 pm

8/27- squat #6

Squat- 2x5@350
Sumo deadlift- 405x3, 405x1.5
GHR/reverse hyper/back raise superset- 3x10

Notes: Squats felt pretty fast. On the second set at 405 of sumo pulls, I tweaked my left glute a bit. I decided that this far out of the meet, I don't need to risk anything, so I called it a day for that. I only did bodyweight for GHR's on the first superset, to make sure my glute was gonna be okay, and then I added a 25lb plate for the next two.

Video to come later.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 7:14 pm

8/28- extra workout

Foam rolling/tennis ball work/general mobility work- lots
Squats- 8x5@135
Band pull aparts- ~200 w/monster mini band
GHR- 3x10
Pullups- 3x5 pronated grip, 2x5 close neutral grip
Cable curl/tricep pushdown superset- 3x10

Notes: Found out I can do the entire stack for tricep pushdowns.

And now for my video from Monday that I just now got uploaded:

Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 10:14 pm

Anyway:

8/29- bench #6

Bench- 2x5@205
Blue slingshot- 275x3
Black slingshot- 315x2
High incline bench- 3x3@185
Pullups- 11, 5, 3
Facepulls- 5x15, 5x3

Notes: Good god you can get so much out of this black slingshot. It's *almost* like benching in a shirt. I used a semi-pronated grip for pullups, it's definitely a grip I'm not used to. The triples for facepulls at the end were going as heavy as I can, almost to the entire stack, with zero rest between sets.

Video to come.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 7:03 pm

8/31- deadlift #6

Deadlift- 2x5@410
Pause squat- 3x365, 3x380*
Barbell rows- 5x3@215
GHR +10lb/BW reverse hyper/back raise superset- 3x10

Notes: Deadlifts were fairly fast. The asterisk on the 380 set of pause squats was because I didn't pause them very much, or at all, really. You can make your own judgement when you see the video. I used straps for the first time on rows...mother of god. Never again will I row strapless.

Video to come.

Also, bitches were mirin hard today.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 9:31 pm

9/3- Squat #7

Squat- 2x5@365
Deficit deadlift- 485x1, 405x5x1
GHR- 3x10+25lb
Barbell rollouts- 3xIdidn'tfuckingcount

Notes: Most people try to rest or something when they have a strained glute. I squat and pull deadlift PR's. There were some fine lookin female specimens in the gym today. I might have to go late at night more often. This one chick (she was definitely on some sort of athletic team, but I couldn't tell what) was mirin my squats.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 8:00 pm

9/4- extra workout

Low box squat- 6x5@135
Band pull-aparts- ~200
Neutral grip pull ups- 20 total
GHR- 3x10
Face pulls- 5x15
Dimel deadlifts w/chain on neck- 3x5, 1x10@225

Notes: Just another extra workout
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:20 pm

Also, there was a Joey Fazekas sighting today.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:20 pm

Chris Anderson wrote:
Also, there was a Joey Fazekas sighting today.

I told that guy to get on the forum. Obviously, he didn't listen.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:26 pm

He said he will try to make it for the later part of the meeting.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:06 am

9/5- bench #7

Bench- 2x5@215
Close grip bench +chains- 205x5
Pullups- 9,3,3,2
Face pulls- 5x15

Notes: I set up the chains so they added weight pretty quickly coming off the bottom, it was definitely not what I was used to. I need more tricep volume. I'm thinking about adding in a second bench day. Thoughts? I may even move to a template similar to what Kyle has been doing, with five dedicated training days.
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:28 am

You've only been doing one bench training day a week? I think this explains things, Mr. 253.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 1:32 pm

I've decided to add in a dedicated press day. This will make my bench press day strictly bench press plus a press variation, and the press day will be a press plus a bench press variation. I'm thinking the press day will be where I put any slingshot work I do, and I will also make this another barbell row day, as my pulling volume still needs to be increased. I may also use incline bench on either day as assistance work.

So, the new day will look something like this:

Press
Bench variation (probably slingshot, close grip, or incline)
Barbell rows
Upper back work (face pulls)

My only thoughts are 1. How to program the main lift, as I'm jumping in the middle of the peaking program and 2. how to reorganize my main lifting days. Currently I'm doing MWF, I'm thinking of doing one of the following:

Monday- press
Tuesday- deadlift
Friday- bench press
Saturday- squat

or

Monday- squat
Tuesday- press
Thursday- deadlift
Friday- bench

or

Sunday- press
Monday- squat
Wednesday- bench press
Friday- deadlift

This coming week I'll definitely be doing it on Sunday, as that will be our team "practice" and I'd like to get started on it soon. Right now I'm, leaning on doing the above middle option, as that allows me to lift at the same time pretty much every day, as Wednesday I can't lift until about 7pm at the earliest

As for programming the main lift, I'm going to base it off the calculator I'm using for the other lifts, and I think I currently have two options:

1. Jump right in with the weights and reps I would be using if I had been doing it the entire time

2. Do a couple weeks using the lighter weights/higher reps from earlier in the calculator, but jump up quicker, so I can catch up to the other lifts in a couple weeks, so something like:

1. 2x10
2. 2x8
3. 2x5
4. 2x3 (now caught up to the other lifts)

EDIT: As another idea, I think I might be able to press twice a week, on this coming Sunday, and then later in the week. This way, I could catch up to my other lifts quicker, doing both 2x10 and 2x8 in the same week. I think I'll do this.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris Anderson's Training Log
Page 7 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next