Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sheiko program

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zchaib
Class II
Class II

Sheiko program Empty
PostSubject: Sheiko program   Sheiko program Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:53 am

Does anyone know much about the Sheiko training program? One of my friends mentioned it the other day, and I couldnt find much about it online. However, I did find a full spreadsheet with all the different numbered subprograms (#29, #30, #37, etc.)

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried it and whether or not they liked it.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

Sheiko program Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheiko program   Sheiko program Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 1:46 pm

The progression is usually from 29 to 37 to 30 (I believe) and eventually on to CMS/MS. All of these were individual programs written by Sheiko for his athletes.

Sheiko is simple: you perform the main movements and a few variations for a lot of volume and get a lot of sport-specific training in a condensed period of time. Currently, I'm running Smolov for squat and bench press, and it's very similar in methodology. Eventually, I might switch over to CMS/MS.

Ben Rice ran CMS/MS for a long time and has a good log of his training up on youtube. You could watch some of his older videos to get a sense of it. EliteFTS also has some info on Sheiko available on their site, which includes the first four chapters of Sheiko's book, I think.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
zchaib
Class II
Class II

Sheiko program Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheiko program   Sheiko program Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 2:18 pm

Thanks! Just started reading Sheiko's first book, should be an interesting read. It was surprisingly easy to find at EliteFTS, I could barely find anything about it earlier. I guess I just suck with google..

I feel like this is a stupid question, but what does NBL stand for? I keep seeing this everywhere, and I know its obviously not the national baseball league, but I just cant figure it out!

Sheiko program 33830538
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

Sheiko program Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheiko program   Sheiko program Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 2:45 pm

Number of Bar Lifts
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.com
zchaib
Class II
Class II

Sheiko program Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheiko program   Sheiko program Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 9:37 am

Wow, I shouldve known..but thanks for clearing that up!

Anyway, do you think a program like this would be good to start in the weeks before a meet? Being that you rarely go above 85%. Im just wondering, because I was planning on starting up madcow 5x5 after spring break. But Im wondering if Id respond better with a larger amount triples or doubles, like in Sheiko.

But I read somewhere that Sheiko was originally designed for chemically enhanced lifters...but that just sounds like crap to me.
Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

Sheiko program Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheiko program   Sheiko program Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 11:53 am

zchaib wrote:
Wow, I shouldve known..but thanks for clearing that up!

Anyway, do you think a program like this would be good to start in the weeks before a meet? Being that you rarely go above 85%. Im just wondering, because I was planning on starting up madcow 5x5 after spring break. But Im wondering if Id respond better with a larger amount triples or doubles, like in Sheiko.

It depends on how you train currently. For a lot of people, something like sheiko 29 would cause detraining, because that is what it is probably meant to do. I don't think it's the best idea to start experimenting 8 weeks out though.

Percentages are a bit overrated, and the 90% threshold isn't the end all. In short, as you accumulate fatigue you are able to fatigue and train the largest motor units with weights less than whatever the true "90%" is. For instance, the grinding during the last rep of a 8RM induces a similar training effect as a lift with whatever your true 90% is

There is an irrational thought in American powerlifting that you need to have 90%+ on your back/hands consistently

Quote :
But I read somewhere that Sheiko was originally designed for chemically enhanced lifters...but that just sounds like crap to me.

It probably was, but plenty of natural lifters have success with it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sheiko program Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheiko program   Sheiko program Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sheiko program
Page 1 of 1