Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Notes From Today's Sports Club Meeting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
babyeater
Class II
Class II
babyeater

Notes From Today's Sports Club Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Notes From Today's Sports Club Meeting   Notes From Today's Sports Club Meeting Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 8:30 pm

Notes from today's Sports Club meeting:

Please note: I am not the official secretary of the club, I am a stand-in until one is elected. I am not responsible for injuries, known or unknown, which have resulted or may in the future result from my activities as a stand-in secretary.

1. A main point of this meeting was to emphasize the appreciable extent to which club business and organization is going to be conducted via Orgsync. If you haven't gotten yourself onto Orgsync and on the Iowa Powerlifting roster, now is the time to do so. You will need to fill out the electronic Club Waiver and Assumption of Risk form; this should be at the head of the Iowa Powerlifting page when you log onto your Orgsync account and click through to our club's page. If you signed and submitted a waiver last year, you still need to do the online one this year. Make sure to do so ASAP.

2. September 15th is the date by which we have to submit our budget proposal to the head of sports clubs in order to qualify for club funding. This gives us 10 days from tomorrow to get various aspects of our financial needs as a club discussed; let's try to get as much figured out on/by the 9th as possible. On this date, we will need to submit a copy of our constitution (a new one) and an officer contact list along with our budget proposal.

3. The subject of application for facilities was barely touched, but there is a form to be submitted for this, and its deadline may be on or around the 15th. Also something to address on the 9th.

4. We have the option to advertise our club on the TV screens at the Rec and/or the Field House.

5. The next mandatory sports club meeting takes place on October 2nd at 5 PM.

Kyle will probably want to add things to the information I have here, particularly in relation to getting funding specifically for the October meet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.babyeaterlifts.wordpress.com
babyeater
Class II
Class II
babyeater

PostSubject: Re: Notes From Today's Sports Club Meeting   Notes From Today's Sports Club Meeting Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 8:49 pm

and here's a piece of art Kyle and I collaborated on during the meeting:

Notes From Today's Sports Club Meeting GkiLDl

Kyle did the face.
Back to top Go down
http://www.babyeaterlifts.wordpress.com
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: Notes From Today's Sports Club Meeting   Notes From Today's Sports Club Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 9:09 am

I actually just addressed #4 through an e-mail.

Also: Nate, would you be able to put together a draft of the budget request form for Sunday's meeting?

Finally, some updates: I e-mailed Ray Beemer this morning about a.) using last year's budget before the Sept. 30th fiscal year deadline, b.) reserving a weight-room facility on campus for Sunday practices, and c.) getting an account and routing number for our ad revenue.

I'll let you all know the results of my inquiry when I hear of it.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: Notes From Today's Sports Club Meeting   Notes From Today's Sports Club Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 12:53 pm

Sure, can you send me our account number though? Also, how does our website earnings fit into our revenue: fundraising, allocations, other? Is there really any way to estimate what we'll make from that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.com
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: Notes From Today's Sports Club Meeting   Notes From Today's Sports Club Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 1:15 pm

Nathan Poage wrote:
Sure, can you send me our account number though? Also, how does our website earnings fit into our revenue: fundraising, allocations, other? Is there really any way to estimate what we'll make from that?

Yeah, I'll forward the account number along to you when I get it from Beemer.

I would list our ad revenue as "fundraising," but to be honest, I don't think it matters. And we can ask Kevin to give us an idea of what we've made in revenue thus far, then multiply that figure for a full year. Because website traffic will be up a bit during our initial push--and because I'd rather give the sports club a conservative figure--I would take 60% of that final figure and make it our expected ad income.

There's no way to say with certainty what we'll make, so we'll try to make an educated guess without making it seem like we're going to be more fiscally self-reliant than we really are. I don't want for us to get shortchanged on our budget because we were too bullish in our income projections.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Notes From Today's Sports Club Meeting   Notes From Today's Sports Club Meeting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Notes From Today's Sports Club Meeting
Page 1 of 1