Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chris Anderson's Training Log

Go down 
+9
babyeater
Monty Python
DieselWeasel
Seth
Keosawa
Nathan Poage
KevinAlvy
GFou
Chris Anderson
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 6:36 pm

Thanks. My ability to grind lifts out has really improved these past couple of training cycles- basically, I'm more confident with the weight and I know I don't have to be super fast to get the lift. Before, I would quit halfway through. Then I looked at a lot of my videos and noticed that my bar speed is way faster than I always thought it was; I would think that I'm grinding out a lift, look at the video, and say "holy shit, that looked really good".
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 5:47 pm

12/13

Bench- 6x2@210
Squat- fuckshitfuckfuck
DB bench- fuckshit

Notes: I had to bench and squat today because I move out tomorrow. My glute was having none of the squatting, however, and I couldn't even squat 135 without pain. Hell, I couldn't do a body weight squat to depth without pain. DB bench went okay, but my glute would even hurt when I lifted the DB off the floor to get it into position. This thing is getting worse.

As a result, I have decided to completely forgo squatting and deadlifting for at least two full weeks. That means two deadlift sessions and four squat sessions. I will be rehabbing my glute every day. All lower body work will probably be unilateral and if it even slightly hurts, I'm not doing it. I have nothing whatsoever to gain from pushing myself at this point.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 11:43 am

Did some sled dragging today. Glute feels better when I do a more extensive warmup. I can bodyweight squat without too much pain. This week I will try to train lower body every day with really light work, such as non-weighted lunges, sled work, maybe some GHR's. Ibuprofen, foam rolling, tennis ball work, and ice will be used as often as possible, and I am going to try to see a chiropractor. I will try squatting next Monday. I will try doing bodyweight squats every day just to check on how it feels.

I'm benching later today.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 6:54 pm

12/16

Bench- 2x2@270
Weighted pullups- some+25lb, some+10lb, various grips
Weighted dips- 3x10+45lb, 2x10+25lb
Band pull aparts- 5x20

Notes: I will likely try for 300 next Sunday.

Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 9:27 pm

12/17

Shrugs- a lot
GHR- 3x10BW, 3x5+10lb, 3x5+25lb

Notes: Shrugs were sets of five and three up to 455lb, with the majority of the work at 405lb. I ended on a 20 rep set with 315 for teh lulz.

Glute is feeling A LOT better. I can now bodyweight squat with no pain. I'll continue taking this week off of squatting and deadlifting, and I'll ease back into it, but I do plan on going for PR's sometime before I ship. I think I will test my bench next week, my squat or deadlift the week after, and whichever I didn't test the week after that. It's not in any way indicative of my competition strength, but fuck it; I'm not training for a competition and I have 5 months of not lifting at all coming up.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 1:21 pm

300 is in the bag.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 1:24 pm

300 should be easy. I have no doubt I'll nail it.

Update on the glute: I have two chiropractor appointments for this week. I will get my vertebra put back in place and receive ultrasound therapy to accelerate the healing.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 12:11 am

12/19

Press- 2x2@195, 135x15
Rows- 3x10@135, 3x3@185
EZ bar tricep extensions- 5x10
Band pull aparts- 2x20, 1xalot

Notes: These were some of the strongest heavy presses I've done in a while. I did a much better job of keeping them strict.
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 12:25 am

Chris Anderson wrote:

Update on the glute: I have two chiropractor appointments for this week. I will get my vertebra put back in place and receive ultrasound therapy to accelerate the healing.
That's definitely not natty. Rich Peters will be notified.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.com
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 12:27 am

Update: i did not receive ultrasound therapy
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 8:31 pm

The amount of beer and Doritos I am ingesting tonight is surely good for my gainz.
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 12:46 pm

Chris Anderson wrote:
Notes: I will likely try for 300 next Sunday.
Chris Anderson wrote:
Chris Anderson wrote:
The amount of beer and Doritos I am ingesting tonight is surely good for my gainz.

Will OP deliver?
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 12:48 pm

300 bench and some squatting will happen today.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 6:41 pm

12/23

Bench- 250x1, 270x1, 290x1, 300x1
Squat- 5x1@315, 3x1@340, 3x1@365, 2x1@385, 1x1@405
Pullups/GHR superset- 5x5/5x10 respectively

Notes: First ever 300lb bench, and my first time squatting pain free in about two months. Everything moved pretty quick. My training schedule for the rest of this week is going to look like this:

Monday-Wednesday: Nothing, gym will be closed and I work, plus it's Christmas
Thursday: Go for a press PR, do some moderate deadlift work similar to my squat work today
Friday: Heavy squat
Saturday: light bench

Then the next week I plan on going for either a squat or deadlift PR, and doing whatever I feel like for the other lifts, as long as I hit each lift at least once. The week after that will be the same. The week after that, I ship to Basic.

Video:

Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 6:46 pm

Gjdm
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 6:48 pm

Doritos and beer will become a pre meet tradition from now on.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 1:55 pm

12/26

Warmup- cheese balls and onion rings, with ranch and chipotle mayo in between sets to keep my joints warm

Full rack of ribs- this was some dynamic effort work, short rest periods, with hot and regular barbecue sauce for technique work
Root beer- 2x1, bit of a recovery for the assistance work
French fries
Mac n cheese- a bit of a change of pace, get that muscle confusion
Chocolate chip shake- this was my finisher, i got such a pump from this

Notes: This was a really good workout. Pretty sure I scared the waitress when she saw my bulging muscles
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 2:50 pm

Beef or pork ribs?
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 7:53 pm

Pork, of course; Hickory Park doesn't have beef ribs anymore. You should know that, seeing as you went there the exact same day that I did, and ordered almost the exact same things.

12/28

Press- 215x1, 5lb PR
Squat- 445x1, 405x7
Pullups- some

notes: Finished with walking on a treadmill at 2.5% incline at 3.5mph while wearing a ~25lb vest. 405x7 wasn't too difficult, I left a rep or two in the tank because I want to be able to walk tomorrow.

Videos to come
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 7:58 pm

Uh, bro, they still have beef ribs. I had them when I went.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 8:58 pm

Well beef ribs suck anyway.
Back to top Go down
Seth
Class I
Class I

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 12:07 am

Where did you pick up the vest at? I'm definitely trying to find one at a decent price, but everything I'm finding is at least $120.
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 12:19 am

Chris Anderson wrote:
Well beef ribs suck anyway.
no u
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 12:24 am

Seth wrote:
Where did you pick up the vest at? I'm definitely trying to find one at a decent price, but everything I'm finding is at least $120.

I picked it up out of the corner, lying near the preacher curl. Pretty sure it's a community thing.
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 7:02 pm

Never posted this video.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Anderson's Training Log   Chris Anderson's Training Log - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris Anderson's Training Log
Page 13 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next