Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sunday Meet Seminar: 09/30

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

Sunday Meet Seminar: 09/30 Empty
PostSubject: Sunday Meet Seminar: 09/30   Sunday Meet Seminar: 09/30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi everyone,

This is a thread to discuss the possibility of a Sunday seminar for all lifters planning on competing at the October 27th meet. If we have no first-time lifters at this meet, then there won't be a reason to put on such a seminar. However, if we do, I think it would be useful.

My hope is that next week (09/30) we could get together for one hour at the rec. building and cover all topics related to competing in one's first meet. I'd like to cover the following topics:

1.) Advice for your final month of meet training.

2.) Equipment; what you need for acceptable apparel and where to get it.

3.) Meet-week preparation, including rest and weight maintenance.

4.) Attempt selection.

5.) Meet-day advice: knowing your flight and the order of said flight, when and how to warm up, when to eat, etc.

6.) Finally, lift protocol: what constitutes acceptable and unacceptable technique on each of the three main lifts.

If our club likes this idea and agrees to it, then I would recommend the members that have done at least one meet with us consider volunteering to present on one of these topics at this seminar. You'd have about ten minutes, so that we don't run too long.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
babyeater
Class II
Class II
babyeater

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Meet Seminar: 09/30   Sunday Meet Seminar: 09/30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 12:32 pm

I'd feel pretty comfortable getting up and talking about topic 3, unless someone else really wants it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.babyeaterlifts.wordpress.com
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Meet Seminar: 09/30   Sunday Meet Seminar: 09/30 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 12:59 pm

I could do #2 or #5.
Back to top Go down
KPKeough

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Meet Seminar: 09/30   Sunday Meet Seminar: 09/30 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 7:12 pm

So, Chris does #2, Janis does #3. Other volunteers? This doesn't have to be involved, and if we tape it and post it on the UIPowerlifting youtube page, we won't have to do it again for our new members.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Meet Seminar: 09/30   Sunday Meet Seminar: 09/30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunday Meet Seminar: 09/30
Page 1 of 1