Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

KevinAlvy's Training Log

Go down 
+8
agleckler
Logan Joseph
babyeater
GFou
Chris Anderson
Keosawa
Nathan Poage
KevinAlvy
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 6:36 pm

Comp Squat
Warmups
495x1 really achy

Comp Deadlift
Warmups
545x3 @8

GHR
4x20

Deadlift Stance Leg Press
4pps x40

Notes: Whole mid back was really achy on the squats, only a little on deadlifts. I'm pretty sure it'll be fine next week though

KKeough wrote:
If you do USAPL in the future, I'll go compete with you and give single-ply a try.

single ply of peace
Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 7:15 pm

Front Squat
Warmups
345x4 @10

GHR
5x20

Cable Abs
6x10

Leg Press
4pps x 10
5pps x 10

Notes: Left hand slipped out on the front squat, somehow still finished the lift
Back to top Go down
Chris Anderson
Anabolic Furnace
Anabolic Furnace
Chris Anderson

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 5:33 pm

KKeough wrote:
If you do USAPL in the future, I'll go compete with you and give single-ply a try.

IN once I total 1500.
Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:37 pm

Comp Bench
Warmups
345x2 @9

Random bbing stuff

Notes: Last workout before the meet

Chris Anderson wrote:

IN once I total 1500.

eggcellent
Back to top Go down
agleckler
Class II
Class II
agleckler

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 11:44 pm

Your deadlift PR! Such a badass. Look, you're even smiling!

KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Dscn0610
Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 10:55 am

Thanks Ashely
Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:12 am

Meet Report

Squat
540lbs ish not sure good lift
272.5 - 600 lbs good lift
277.5 - 611 good lift + 16 at a meet

Bench
152.5 - 336 lbs good lift
165 - 363 lbs 2/3 good lift
170 - 374 lbs good lift + 5 at a meet

Deadlift
265 - 584 lbs good lift
287.5 - 633lbs good lift
295 - 650 lbs good lift +22 at a meet

Total - 1637 + 56 at a meet

Notes: Had a great time, everything came together great. I'll be pretty busy this week so I won't be lifting again until the weekend

Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:15 am

Body comp

I decided to take a morning and post workout pic since I'd figured there would be a visible difference. My guess is 20%+ bodyfat so there isn't much sense in trying to estimate, just going to use as a marker of progress going forward

KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 6npMiRE
Back to top Go down
Quadfather
Class I
Class I
Quadfather

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Hey, could you send me your spreadsheet for tracking training volume? Please and thank you
Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 7:53 pm

done
Back to top Go down
Quadfather
Class I
Class I
Quadfather

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 8:42 pm

KevinAlvy wrote:
done

this thing is pretty cool. the graph is a little difficult to understand but i think with more logs, it will become clearer
Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 8:56 pm

Actuarial student struggling with a regression and rolling average?
Back to top Go down
Quadfather
Class I
Class I
Quadfather

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 9:07 pm

KevinAlvy wrote:

No not that. I am having a little bit of trouble figuring out what is actually being graphed. Sleep is pretty straight forward. Just figured this out but does "Weight" refer to the amount that the user weighs? If so, that would make a looooot of sense
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 9:08 pm

Here come the flood of body comp photos. Wait for it.

Have you considered borrowing my skin calipers? With the standard deviation accounted for, my calipers usually tell me my bodyfat could be anywhere from 5% to 12%, making them pretty much useless.

Also, Grant is in an actuarial program? That surprises me; most of them are socially backwards and/or assholes. He might be the first extrovert actuary I've ever come across; my brother essentially decided on that program because it would allow him to avoid people.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 9:09 pm

Broceidon wrote:
KevinAlvy wrote:

No not that. I am having a little bit of trouble figuring out what is actually being graphed. Sleep is pretty straight forward. Just figured this out but does "Weight" refer to the amount that the user weighs? If so, that would make a looooot of sense

KevinAlvy did a video on his youtube page a while back explaining it. Perhaps I can find it.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 9:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 9:15 pm

I just want to know the following about your training leading up to the last meet, Grant:

* The weekly tonnage.
* The weekly NBLs (number of bar lifts) at different intensity ranges (70-79, 80-89, 90+)
* The average RPE per set.

That stuff is really useful in establishing a baseline for previous training demands. You made great progress leading up to the last week, so it's just a matter of deciding on a split and on a target frequency (i.e. squatting and benching twice weekly), then taking the tonnage, NBLs, and intensity range from your previous programming and inserting those numbers into a sustainable progression scheme.

Kevin's program will give you the tonnage and will help you count the NBLs. Even if you track backwards for only the last four complete weeks of training, that will be helpful. The RPEs we can figure out based upon your current maxes, but generally speaking, most moderate-volume, moderate-intensity, moderate-frequency training protocols will have you doing the bulk of your work between RPE@8 and RPE@9.
Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 9:25 pm

KKeough wrote:

Have you considered borrowing my skin calipers? With the standard deviation accounted for, my calipers usually tell me my bodyfat could be anywhere from 5% to 12%, making them pretty much useless.

Also, Grant is in an actuarial program? That surprises me; most of them are socially backwards and/or assholes. He might be the first extrovert actuary I've ever come across; my brother essentially decided on that program because it would allow him to avoid people.

I have the body comp on the page before. Not really interested in calipers, I'll just look for changes. My bodyfat is too high for an accurate measurement anyway

Quote :

Quants gonna quant
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 9:28 pm

Skin calipers are useless regardless of your body-fat level. You would have to be an idiot to have a skin caliper tell you something you didn't already know about your body-fat.
Back to top Go down
Quadfather
Class I
Class I
Quadfather

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 9:31 pm

KKeough wrote:

Yeaaaah, I am an actuary. I get the most awkward and bizarre looks when I tell employers that I weightlift or powerlift in my spare time. Most of the people I know in the program are socially awkward and never come out of their shells.

Okay, now the graph makes sense. The regression on weight makes sense; I was expecting to be a time-graph and similarly for the sleep.
Back to top Go down
Quadfather
Class I
Class I
Quadfather

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 9:34 pm

KKeough wrote:
I just want to know the following about your training leading up to the last meet, Grant:

* The weekly tonnage.
* The weekly NBLs (number of bar lifts) at different intensity ranges (70-79, 80-89, 90+)
* The average RPE per set.

Oh I can probably tell you that pretty easily because all of my lifts were based on 10% increments so I only lifted weights at 60%, 70, 80, 90, 100. There are a few 85%, probably a few 93 and 95%. I will see if i can back track and add them up for you
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:00 pm

KevinAlvy wrote:
KKeough wrote:

I have the body comp on the page before. Not really interested in calipers, I'll just look for changes. My bodyfat is too high for an accurate measurement anyway

Sneak into Carver. We just got an electrical impedance machine that's 98% as accurate as DEXA. I was 11.3 after the carb binge that started last Saturday night. It looks at your ECF/ICF and mass of your trunk and limbs too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.com
Quadfather
Class I
Class I
Quadfather

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:48 pm

Nathan Poage wrote:
Sneak into Carver. We just got an electrical impedance machine that's 98% as accurate as DEXA. I was 11.3 after the carb binge that started last Saturday night. It looks at your ECF/ICF and mass of your trunk and limbs too.

Can you actually do that?!? I have always wanted an accurate reading of what I am. Do not hesitate to say "no" because I completely understand and do not want to get you into trouble.
Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 11:29 pm

Front Squat
Warmups
285x5 @8.5

Superset
GHR 2x20
GHR Situps 2x20

Upright Row
2x20

Chest Supported Row
2x20

45 Degree Back Raises
35 lbs 2x20

Notes: I've been super busy this week, am pretty sleep deprived, and overdid the caffeine a bit. I should have a lot more time to take care of myself moving forward. Idk if anyone has an interest in Finance/Investing but I just completed this research report for Starbucks if anyone is interested. Still has a few errors, but pretty much done. http://tippie.uiowa.edu/krause/Spring2013/SBUX_s13.pdf

Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 8:12 pm

Tng Bench
Warmups
285x5
300x5
265x13

Grappler
Warmups
3x15

Superset
Pec Flyes 3x20
Machine Raises 3x20

Pressdowns
3x25

Pec/Delt Prehab
120 reps per side
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KevinAlvy's Training Log
Page 27 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next