Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Iowa Powerlifting

A forum dedicated to powerlifting in Iowa and Iowa City

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

KevinAlvy's Training Log

Go down 
+8
agleckler
Logan Joseph
babyeater
GFou
Chris Anderson
Keosawa
Nathan Poage
KevinAlvy
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 8:52 pm

An intervention is about to take place. Prepare yourselves.
Back to top Go down
http://iowapowerlifting.com
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 6:30 pm

Front Squat
Warmups
325x3
335x3
345x3 @9
325x3
305x3

GHR
3x14

Leg Press
Warmups
10pps x 10

Cable Abs
5x15
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 8:43 pm

KKeough wrote:
An intervention is about to take place. Prepare yourselves.
GEORGE WAS AT THE GYM TONIGHT
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.com
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 8:44 pm

Front Squat
Warmups
355x3

Tng Bench
Warmups
355x3 @9.5

Comp Deadlift
Warmups
615x3

GHR
3x16

Nathan Poage wrote:
GEORGE WAS AT THE GYM TONIGHT

GEORGE WAS ON THE FORUM TONIGHT
Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 11:46 pm

High Incline Bench
Warmups
175x8 @8.5

Chest Supported Rows
Warmups
2pps 2x25

Pec Flyes
2x20

Superset
Cable Shrugs 2x25
Db Flyes 2x25

Superset
Pressdowns 1x
Curls 1x

Notes: Didn't know we had a pec flye machine here, this is one of my favorite accessories for bench...
Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 12:11 am

Paused Front Squats
Warmups
285x5
300z5
275x5

GHR
3x18

Box Jump National Championships
Warmups
41" x1 tied with Physiquous, beat Gregory
Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 12:08 am

Tng Incline
Warmups
265x5 @9
Narrow
225x5
235x5
245x5

Pec Flyes
3x20

Pressdowns
3x20

Laterals
3x20
Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 8:17 pm

Comp Squat
Warmups
550x5

Deficit Deadlift
Warmups
550x4 miss 5th

GHR
3x20

Cable Abs
5x20

Superset
Preacher Curls 2x20
Cable Shrugs 2x20

Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 6:53 pm

Tng Bench
Warmups
330x4 missed 5th
300x8

Narow Incline
Warmups
235 2x6

Pec Flyes
6x10

Single Arm Pressdown
4x10

Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 12:35 am

Going for a pre-meet missed-rep-streak PR, I see.
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 12:37 am

KevinAlvy wrote:

Box Jump National Championships

Also, I hate to tell you this, but your USAPL membership has been revoked for competing in a non-sanctioned national-level competition. See Article 19.4, 3rd Byline, Amendment XVII.
Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 12:04 pm

KKeough wrote:
Going for a pre-meet missed-rep-streak PR, I see.

lmao, apparently

KKeough wrote:

Also, I hate to tell you this, but your USAPL membership has been revoked for competing in a non-sanctioned national-level competition. See Article 19.4, 3rd Byline, Amendment XVII.

I love them more every day
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 2:30 pm

This has now become a discussion on the USAPL.

My honest, candid thoughts on them: I like the USAPL, as I like the IPF, for the fact that they're a purported drug-free fed that actually tests their lifters, and they keep a high standard. Sometimes, I think the standard is suspiciously high; I watched Alexander Kang get redlighted from the head ref for all three deadlifts at his last meet (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys4K_rqwc6o), and though I can sort of see the first call, the tape is a non-issue, and "accidentally pressing the red light" is NEVER a good reason for redlighting someone. If you do that, fix it and make a clarification to the lifter.

Then, you've also got meets like this, sanctioned by the USAPL:

And you've got the whole Becky Rich fiasco (www.usapltransparency.com)

Overall though, USAPL has some really big and really well-run meets. You just have to make sure you choose the right meets. Meet directors matter just as much--if not more so--than the federations. There are some good USAPL meet directors and meets, and there are some really shitty ones. Don't buy completely into any fed's reputation--good or bad--before looking at the meet director and the prior judging.
Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 2:53 pm

I am well aware of Rice's, Rich's, and APT's experiences of the the USAPL and heard plenty of others. I've never competed in the USAPL, but that's definitely where I see myself. High lift standards, better drug testing, and their affiliation to the IPF all appeal to me.

Their exclusivity requirements are pretty goofy, but it might help with cutting down the 9000 world records we have in powerlifting
Back to top Go down
KPKeough

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 5:27 pm

The USAPL is a good choice, particularly if you have plans on sticking to their larger meets, which seem to always be very well run and quite competitive. The exclusivity requirements are admittedly not entirely their doing (that requirement is given from the IPF to all its affiliates) but are, frankly, the biggest deterrent for me ever competing there. If I were to compete in USAPL, it would be a short stay, simply because they bar their members from doing so any other "international" competition (which is interpreted however the IPF wishes to interpret it at the moment).

The IPF gets away with this because they're so big, and because their world championship is the most prestigious in the world. I do not care who wins a single "world championship" beyond IPF Worlds and IPF Raw Worlds; to me, it's the only "world title" that really matters.

The good thing about an exclusivity clause is that you get all your lifters to continue to compete in-house, but the bad news is that powerlifting stays a fragmented sport. The IPF and, to a lesser extent, the USAPL are both big fragments, so their big meets are still very competitive. But you've got other feds (like NASA, though NASA isn't as draconian) who try to do the same and just end up ostracizing the entire sport in the process. NASA has been good to me, but I also would like to have the chance to do other meets outside of NASA in my lifetime, even if it upsets them.

Powerlifting really just needs its billionaire to host a yearly invitational with free travel and lodging and sizeable cash payouts. If you had the financing, the lifters would all be willing to travel to compete. Unfortunately, that's never happening.
Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 10:16 pm

Front Squat
Warmups
285 3x5

GHR
4x15

GHR Situps
3x10 45 lbs

Face Pulls
3x25

Single Leg Press
2x15 2pps - somehow hard

KPKeough wrote:
The USAPL is a good choice, particularly if you have plans on sticking to their larger meets, which seem to always be very well run and quite competitive. The exclusivity requirements are admittedly not entirely their doing (that requirement is given from the IPF to all its affiliates) but are, frankly, the biggest deterrent for me ever competing there. If I were to compete in USAPL, it would be a short stay, simply because they bar their members from doing so any other "international" competition (which is interpreted however the IPF wishes to interpret it at the moment).

The IPF gets away with this because they're so big, and because their world championship is the most prestigious in the world. I do not care who wins a single "world championship" beyond IPF Worlds and IPF Raw Worlds; to me, it's the only "world title" that really matters.

The good thing about an exclusivity clause is that you get all your lifters to continue to compete in-house, but the bad news is that powerlifting stays a fragmented sport. The IPF and, to a lesser extent, the USAPL are both big fragments, so their big meets are still very competitive. But you've got other feds (like NASA, though NASA isn't as draconian) who try to do the same and just end up ostracizing the entire sport in the process. NASA has been good to me, but I also would like to have the chance to do other meets outside of NASA in my lifetime, even if it upsets them.

Powerlifting really just needs its billionaire to host a yearly invitational with free travel and lodging and sizeable cash payouts. If you had the financing, the lifters would all be willing to travel to compete. Unfortunately, that's never happening.

I guess I don't know yet for sure if I'd be a lifer in the usapl, but someday I want to start making a run at their raw worlds. Seems like it would be a fun experience, could make a vacation out of it too

Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 10:42 pm

KevinAlvy wrote:

I guess I don't know yet for sure if I'd be a lifer in the usapl, but someday I want to start making a run at their raw worlds. Seems like it would be a fun experience, could make a vacation out of it too

Yeah, the Raw Worlds is pretty cool; the competition there is pretty good, and the weight classes are sometimes very deep. USAPL's national championships are pretty good. For big raw meets, RUM has had some great rosters; the American Cup at the LA Fit Expo is another good one. I know the APF Europa always draws some good competition too. The 100% RAW meet that Dan Green broke the 220 world record in last year was also stocked with good lifters. Usually, the big meets with cash payouts attract the most talent; USAPL always gives out a nice chunk of change at the Arnold. Plus, if you compete in USAPL, then you have a chance of competing at the Arnold, which is cool.
Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:08 pm

Front Squat
Warmups
285x4
300x4
315x4
330x4 - losing rack position
300x4

GHR

Chest Supported Row
Warmups
3x20 2pps

Superset
Facepulls 2x
Cable Abs 2x

Cont Superset
Cable Shrugs 2x
Cable Biceps 2x

Notes: boring

KKeough wrote:

Yeah, the Raw Worlds is pretty cool; the competition there is pretty good, and the weight classes are sometimes very deep. USAPL's national championships are pretty good. For big raw meets, RUM has had some great rosters; the American Cup at the LA Fit Expo is another good one. I know the APF Europa always draws some good competition too. The 100% RAW meet that Dan Green broke the 220 world record in last year was also stocked with good lifters. Usually, the big meets with cash payouts attract the most talent; USAPL always gives out a nice chunk of change at the Arnold. Plus, if you compete in USAPL, then you have a chance of competing at the Arnold, which is cool.

I just checked out the Arnold
http://arnold.usapowerlifting.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Arnold-Criteria.pdf

Looks like you just need to compete at nationals and get a pretty low wilks. Interested

Back to top Go down
Quadfather
Class I
Class I
Quadfather

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:46 pm

Dats a lot of dem der GHRs
Back to top Go down
Nathan Poage
Master
Master
Nathan Poage

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:34 am

KevinAlvy wrote:

KKeough wrote:

I just checked out the Arnold
http://arnold.usapowerlifting.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Arnold-Criteria.pdf

Looks like you just need to compete at nationals and get a pretty low wilks. Interested

IN.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.com
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 11:47 am

Broceidon wrote:
Dats a lot of dem der GHRs

trying to up the volume on dem

Nathan Poage wrote:
IN.

Need to do usapl meet to qualify for raw nationals, fuuuuuuu

Arnold in 2015, unless invite
Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 11:02 pm

Narrow Incline
Warmups
275x3

DB Bench
Warmups
125x11

Machine Raises
3x15

Pec Flyes
4x15

Pressdowns
3x20

Back to top Go down
Quadfather
Class I
Class I
Quadfather

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 12:26 am

OH LAAAAWD!! Score update: Kevin-1, Poage-0
Back to top Go down
KevinAlvy
Elite
Elite
KevinAlvy

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 1:05 am

KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Ufc_approve_gif
Back to top Go down
Keosawa
American-Record Holder
American-Record Holder
Keosawa

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 1:07 pm

If you do USAPL in the future, I'll go compete with you and give single-ply a try.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KevinAlvy's Training Log   KevinAlvy's Training Log - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KevinAlvy's Training Log
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next